PDA

View Full Version : My new work bench!

criminalpoet
12-30-2007, 10:15 AM
So I finally got off my arse and built myself a proper work bench! 4x6 construction with two pieces of 4'x2' 1/2" alluminum plates fastened down for the top. The whole bench is fastened to the studs in my garage, I could park a truck on this thing! A little bit of overkill lol, but hey, if your gonna build a work bench then build a work bench right!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/criminal-poet/wb1.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/criminal-poet/wb2.jpg

YFZ450Ridr
12-30-2007, 10:23 AM
very nice! weve got one a similar size with a big sheet of steel covering the top with a 4 inch back splash. a month or so ago we also made a collapsable table screwed to the wall that folds on door hinges and is supported by chains. very handy!

Flyin-Low
12-30-2007, 11:51 AM
WOW! Haha.. 1/2'' aluminum plates for the top, yeah it's a little overkill but why not? I love it.

I need to make a new work bench soon because the one I've got now is absolute crap. But it's about 5x the size of that so I deffinatly couldn't afford to cover the top in 1/2'' aluminum :( Most of you guys have little town shops so everything is nice, we're farmers so ours has tractors going in and out all the time and everything is a mess.

NPelletier
12-30-2007, 12:05 PM
i cant wait until we get the money to build our garage, my dad and i are gonna have our own room in the back for just trictly quads. its going to be an awsome work shop, my dad has so many toold from back when he owned a shop i cant wait...the shed is getting kinda cramped lol

nice bench, looks heavy duty and isnt an eye sore:macho :devil:

criminalpoet
12-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
WOW! Haha.. 1/2'' aluminum plates for the top, yeah it's a little overkill but why not? I love it.

I need to make a new work bench soon because the one I've got now is absolute crap. But it's about 5x the size of that so I deffinatly couldn't afford to cover the top in 1/2'' aluminum :( Most of you guys have little town shops so everything is nice, we're farmers so ours has tractors going in and out all the time and everything is a mess.

Actually I didnt pay for the alluminum, I was doing some sealant work at the Weapons Integrated Facility on Kirtland Airforce Base out here and they were just throwing this stuff away. So I grabbed a couple of pieces for myself. Hell, this stuff is like 300 a piece.

StrongRacing43
12-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Fricken nice!

TWISTED DINLI
12-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by StrongRacing43
Fricken nice!

X2

Ty's400
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by criminalpoet
Actually I didnt pay for the alluminum, I was doing some sealant work at the Weapons Integrated Facility on Kirtland Airforce Base out here and they were just throwing this stuff away. So I grabbed a couple of pieces for myself. Hell, this stuff is like 300 a piece.

Nice:eek: I was thinking that would be a pretty penny.

criminalpoet
12-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Yea thats one of the benefits of working in construction:devil: