View Full Version : Looking fo the best winch set-up

twain68
12-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Any ideas or pics? I have a 07.

Thanks!
T.C. :devil:

maxfior
12-30-2007, 09:32 AM
What's with the scary mask? Do a search on what you're looking for... There is a guy with an 2008 that did a REALLY nice winch job... take a look around.

Max

twain68
12-30-2007, 09:46 AM
It's not a mask, it's a bumper cover. lol........to many beers that night. I did see the guys 08........looks like a killer ride. You just don't see to many sport quads with a winch. Was just looking for some advise.

T.C.

maxfior
12-30-2007, 09:58 AM
I wish I could give you more advice, but I really do not know that much about winches other then when I see them on work quads. I'm sure you could mod something to your 07 that would work well for you. Are you riding in nasty conditions where you think a winch would come in handy then? If you ride with someone who has a trouble quad, I'm sure that they could pull you out, assuming that they have a winch or tow rope.... So, back to the scary "bumper cover" Do you leave it on when you ride? If so, I hope your a fast rider... :p

Max

twain68
12-30-2007, 10:24 AM
No, it was the wifes idea to put it on there. I bet, I'd get some strange looks blasting down a trail with that on. Yea, we ride in some nasty areas, and I get stuck all the time. I get razzed by my buds, to buy a 4x4 utility quad, but they are to heavy for my Toyota Tacoma to pull. lol
I noticed you are in Ohio. I just joined a atv club, that a guy started, cuz he had no one to ride with. It seems to be growing at a good pace. If you are interested:, www.buckeyeriders.com

T.C.

maxfior
12-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I hear ya with the 4x4's. They'd be nice to have, but I would still want to have my 400EX. I'm trying to talk my old lady into getting a quad. I'm sure she'll want to go out trail riding some day. Then when the wife isn't around I can blast her work quad in the mud and still have good clean fun on my 400EX. I'll have to give that site you mentioned a look. I'm always looking for guys to ride with. Unfortunately I live near Toledo, so it would take some time to get down to you guys...

Max

twain68
12-30-2007, 10:47 AM
If you buy your wife a work quad, check this out........you will be amazed about this Grizzy 700..........I want one now. www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e8li_grizzly-gncc_extreme

T.C.

maxfior
12-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by twain68
If you buy your wife a work quad, check this out........you will be amazed about this Grizzy 700..........I want one now. www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e8li_grizzly-gncc_extreme

T.C.

VERY impressive! Who would have thought that you could moto a grizzly! I wouldn't dare try that with a stock work quad, that guy must have done some major upgrades to that thing! Pretty cool video though!

Max