PDA

View Full Version : Warrior shocks

BANSHEEadam
11-02-2001, 08:19 PM
I rode my cousin's 2000 warrior and the suspension is about 10 times better than my 95 300ex. I don't really want to spend 500 dollars on new suspension, so I thought about just ordering some Warrior shocks. What do you guys think? Would it work ok?

11-02-2001, 08:43 PM
Well,

new shocks all the way around are going to be costly no matter what you buy. My friends LT250R shock is $500 new and thats just for the rear shock. If I were you I would just get new honda shocks odds are your 95 300EX shocks are old an worn out. New honda shocks should do the trick but its going to cost ya.

[><]RebelHonda[><]

crday98
11-03-2001, 05:32 PM
like he said,your shocks are probably worn.there is no way the suspension on a warrior is better than a 300ex on the up and up.i have owned warriors and ridden 300ex's and the 300ex definately feels better.if you can't afford new, try getting a set from an atv salvage place.there are many advertised in the back of dirtwheels.you will pay either 1/2 or less than 1/2 the cost of a new set.i wouldn't recommend buying from East Coast though.everything i bought from them was either bent or broken and completely useless.:grr

oynot400
11-03-2001, 06:35 PM
Don't think you are going to save any money by getting stock Warrior shocks. To get them from Yamaha they are about $300 per shock! The only way I know is a buddy of mine broke a shock on his Banshee and had the neigbors warrior sitting around so he tried them out. He liked them so he went to town to order them from Yamaha and almost hit the floor with sticker shock! He ended up getting a pair of Works for about the price of one Yamaha shock.
If you want shocks hit the classified's and look for what you want. You can find some good deals out there. :)

11-04-2001, 08:01 AM
I owned a Warrior and now own a 300ex. The 300ex feels much
beter susp. Like everyone else said your are prob. worn out.