PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get it!

cabex
11-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Ok my Z runs great but when I chop the throtle it sputtlers and sort of crackles. So I checked my plug and it was a little white. So I know it was lean. The only needle I could think of adjusting is the idle because It can't be the others because I am not giveing it gas. But it still does the same thing. I have a completly stock engine I I am still breaking it in.

It has done it ever since I got it. that was the first thing I said when the dealer started the engine and was revving it up. I said it sounds like it is lean. But he said it was fine.

What else can it be?? I need your help bad. I don't what to hurt my engine any when I am breaking it in.:(

400ex99
11-11-2002, 10:13 PM
if your Z is being broke in, then it must be still in warranty, take it back and let him listen to it again, if its not right, then make them fix it. if you start to mess with the jetting, then they can tell you that you messed it up and then they want cover it, so take it back.... ask him if it was his would he leave it like that, i dont think so....:blah