PDA

View Full Version : Chassis protection and air scoop suggestions

TORO1968
11-11-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey guys,

I'm wanting some opinions on what sort of chassis protection and air scoops I should buy for my '02 400ex. Below is a list of what i'm considering.

Front Bumper - PRM Baja, possibly Duncan Racing, AC Mudscreen, ???
Chassis skidplate - Pro Armor, PRM, ???
Swingarm skidplate - Pro Armor, PRM, Pro-Tect, ???
Frame guards - Works Connection, DG, Pro Armor, ???
Air scoops - Tinners, OMF, PRM, and that new brand that was posted recently, ???

Right now I'm leaning towards the PRM Baja front bumper, Pro Armor chassis and swingarm skidplates, Works Connection frame guards and OMF air scoops...

Any suggestions??? I'm wanting stuff that looks good while also being functional.

How does the Pro Armor chassis skidplate mount to the frame, does it use clamps similar to PRM's or does it use clamps like DG's??

Also, do any of you guys know where I can get the new style Trail Tech Speedometer/Hourmeter???

Oh yeah, where's the cheapest place to buy all of this stuff??

Man, I chose to get a 400ex so I could have a huge aftermarket part assortment to choose from, now I'm wishing I didn't have so many choices!! :D

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

chavez
11-11-2002, 09:33 PM
jordan your leaning sounds pretty good to me i havent run the pro tech stuff or the pro armor but i going to get pro tech for next race season i currently run the ac belly pan its held up all year/had a prm skid plate it lasted 6 races had a dg which lasted one race/as for bumpers i havent had one to withstand a hit of a tree my pile of tore up bumpers 3 ac 4 dgs 1 duncan 1 prm im currently running a WB with the mud screen it has been on there for 16 races oh try the quadshop

QuadTrix6
11-12-2002, 06:20 AM
Front Bumper - AC Mudscreen
Chassis skidplate - PRM
Swingarm skidplate - PRM or pro-tech
Frame guards - Works Connection, DG, Pro Armor, ???
Air scoops - Tinners

Leo
11-12-2002, 06:25 AM
here's what I'm running...

front bumper - PRM baja..
engine skid - PRM
skidplate - armadillo (this thing is great!)
scoops - tinners

the nice thing about getting a front bumper / engine skid from the same company is the usually mesh together flawlessly (the baja has a mini front skid that matches up with the PRM belly pan perfectly.)

Leo

j400exrider
11-12-2002, 12:00 PM
I can't wait till i get my air scoops, i am having them made, i have a friend that works with the sheet metal workers union, and we are going to make a template like next weekend, and then are going to mold them or something like that, i can't wait i will try and get some pics to try and show how they turn out.

TORO1968
11-14-2002, 08:01 AM
Bump

Extremeracer167
11-14-2002, 11:13 AM
I run PRM swingarm skid and front bumper
PJR chassis skid
PJR air scoops
and soon to run PJR frame guards:D

And i bet i saved half the money i would have spent for all the other brands:D

DGR Designs
11-14-2002, 02:47 PM
Armordillo like leo said. they don't crack in the cold and slide over everything. and there under $100!

bigbadbrad
11-15-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Leo
here's what I'm running...

front bumper - PRM baja..
engine skid - PRM
skidplate - armadillo (this thing is great!)
scoops - tinners

the nice thing about getting a front bumper / engine skid from the same company is the usually mesh together flawlessly (the baja has a mini front skid that matches up with the PRM belly pan perfectly.)

Leo

yup get what leo said i love my armidilo skid plate and get gumper and chasis skid from the smae place i like prm

and support the sites users and get tinner's i have heard good things sbout his scoops.

omf scoops i am pretty sure you need stock plastic because one of the monts is on the stock plastic

stocktires
11-17-2002, 12:55 AM
scoops are a waste of $ on a 400ex, but If you must get them, dont get OMF, Get tinners. My OMF's are decent and nice, but Tinners look to be of much better quality