PDA

View Full Version : Mini Modified - Honda 85cc FOR SALE

number52
12-29-2007, 05:25 PM
For Sale is a Honda CR85 mini modified built specifically for Motorcross competition. This bike was raced in the 2006 season of the GNC National AMA / ATVA series. This bike took 2nd place overall at Bill Ballance Moto X at the national last August and I believe around 7th Overall for the season and that was after missing a few of the races. This bike was built from the ground up starting with a 400EX chassis. The swingarm was precisely modified to correctly line up the sprockets and the chassis was gussetted to keep from breaking. There are no signs of stress cracks in the frame and never has been. The current engine is an overbore with a brand new top end in it. This bike does come with a brand new cylinder and new OEM piston too! The front suspension was custom built out of a set of Elka Long Travel Shocks specifically for this bike and rider. The rear was also built for this bike with custom valving and a GT Thunder MX linkage. The A-arms are Long Travel Houser +3 and has a +1 Houser Anti Vibration Steering stem with a Billet Steering stem clamp with TAG T2 Fat Bars. This bike has the V Force reed cage and Keihen Flat Slide carburetor which makes it rip. The bike is ready to take to the races and start racing. The only reason for selling this bike is because the customer turned 16 years old and can no longer race in the mini modified class. This bike is NOT for beginners. Here are a few pictures of the bike as it sets now. You can pick the bike up locally in Mt. Sterling, IL or I will crate and ship it anywhere in the country for $500. Here is a complete list of parts right off the top of my head. I will sell this bike for $3500. It's a steal! I have many more high quality pictures. Just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them.

Engine:

Honda CR85

V Force Reed Cage

Keihen Flat Slide carb

Custom Made Sprockets

Chassis:

400EX Chassis and Subframe

Houser +3 Long Travel A-Arms

Elka Triple Rate Compression and Rebound Adjustable Front Shocks with custom valving

Houser +1 Anti Vibe Steering Stem with **** Tech ATV Oversized Steering Stem Clamp

TAG T2 Fat Bars

400EX Thumb Throttle

GT Thunder MX Linkage

Custom Compression and Rebound Adjustable Rear Shock

Durablue +2/+4 Axle

ITP .190 Rims and Kenda Klaw 18 x 10 x 8 tires

Front Radials

AC Nerf Bars

etc. etc.