PDA

View Full Version : Alpine headunit crapping out

Kickstarts-suck
12-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Yesterday i turned of my stereo in my truck and it wouldn't play the CD I just got an ERROR so i ejected it and tried again and it tried to play but then said ERROR again. It keeps doing this with every CD i put in it. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it wont play.

The head unit came with the truck when I bought it and I think its pretty old. Im guessing its time for a new one.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or should i just go ahead and buy a new one?

I was looking in my Crutchfield catalog and saw a Kenwood KDC-138 for $79.99 and looks pretty good. Does Kenwood make good head units? Anything else I should look into for under $90?

TRX_450
12-30-2007, 09:07 AM
your headunits the brain of your system..if theres one place you dont want to go cheap on its that. i work on this stuff everyday, if you wanna PM me ill send you my address and ill fix it for ya if youd like. alpine makes very good head units and kenwoods are alright if you were looking into the other but but id fix an alpine before i bought a kenwood