PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

dirtbike&quad
12-29-2007, 02:42 PM
was riding my friends blaster in this technical section he couldnt do in the woods and i put it into neutral for him and just start to rev it and without giving it any gas it just REVS SO HIGH like it is full throttle even if ur not on the gas and it wouldnt stop even if we turned the gas off or turned the key. it just died down but it restarted. then later it wouldnt start up. we gave it a rolling start and started it up but then it did the revving thing it just sounded like it was pinned and it wasnt at all..

long post sorry but confused!

C-LEIGH RACING
12-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Check the ignition system under the flywheel & make sure its not loose & jumping around, & check the flywheel key.
Check fuel flow, make sure fuel is getting into the carb from the tank & check the vent hose on the cap to see that its venting.
Check jets or make sure the float bowl is full of gas.
Check around the base of the cylinder for loose nuts, blown base gasket or cracked cylinder, those nuts are bad about comming loose.
If you think a crank seal is going bad, drain the trans oil then pour in at least one qt of oil into the transmission then start the engine & look for heavy exhaust smoke. If the seal is bad or going bad it will suck the oil into the crank area & smoke like the dickins.
Dont ride with that much oil in the trans, it will cause the clutch cover gasket to blow out & sling oil everywhere.

All of the above things can sometimes cause a blaster engine to rev up on its own.
Neil

porscheguy944
01-11-2008, 08:23 PM
this is what hapens when the base gasket has a leak it sucks air in and leans it out and will rev out without any input also makes it hard to start.
there is a easy way to check it
spray fluid at the base gasket soapy water or wd40 and then see if it slows down
or spray around the carb and look for a leak there
or the intake maybe loose or cracked same results.If this is the case you will need to pull the top end and inspect the bore it may need a top end job.
Good Luck and I hope this helps you.

Modifly
01-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Stuck slider? ;)