PDA

View Full Version : Modifications / Fuel

maconu
12-29-2007, 02:24 PM
With pink / black wire cut, airbox lid off, baffle accidently removed :) questions:

1. Would you cut the pink / black wire with only the lid off and baffle out or should you wait to get new exhaust?

2. Would it make any difference, or damage the engine to run race gas as opposed to Supreme unleaded from pump (91 octane which the bike calls for)?

I'm running pretty rich with wire cut, lid off and baffle out. I'm concerned that I may be damaging the engine (long term).

Thanks for all your replies......

Punk'd
12-29-2007, 04:30 PM
I have the same set up, but I do have an aftermarket filter.

My Rossier should be here soon:confused:

BSTURDIVANT
12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Running the DS with your mods couldn't hurt a thing- probably a little rich on fuel. Don't run race gas- will only cut HP and ash up the piston!

ds450evo
12-31-2007, 02:06 AM
You are talking about cutting the pink wire. Can you tell me were these is situated ?

Now our ds 450 is equiped with complete yoshimura exhaust
Epic LT mx arms - wide axle rear epic - waiting on our Elka Elite suspension front and rear - douglas bead lock rims with 4 -snow tires - precision steering damper- nerfbars brp - front bumper x brp -version - tag steering stem - reikon steer- radiator pwr - and modified with motorworks Fmi for a ds 450
we will drive race on sand next month

Yesterday We were testing our ds 450 and I don't like the hp because we were running against a Yfz 450 and couldn't follow him.
So do you think it would be help to cut the wire

Running the DS with your mods couldn't hurt a thing- probably a little rich on fuel. Don't run race gas- will only cut HP and ash up the piston! [/QUOTE]

Punk'd
01-03-2008, 07:28 AM
The pink wire can be found under the left side plastic up high by the gas tank/steering stem. It is wrapped in blue tape.

If your running that fmi you prolly dont need to cut the pink wire.

ThePhantomRider
01-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Running a bit rich is always better than running lean. It's like in an Indy car, they can trim out the fuel from slightly rich to slightly lean depending on fuel consumption needs and power needs, though when they go "rich" the air mixture does go up as well as that gives them max power. In lean mode you have less power but better fuel economy.

Point being, you do have a little wiggle room but if you plan to run one way or another for a long period of time, best be a bit rich.

TPR

ds450evo
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
The pink wire can be found under the left side plastic up high by the gas tank/steering stem. It is wrapped in blue tape.

If your running that fmi you prolly dont need to cut the pink wire.

Now we know if you cut the pink wire that you also change the ignitioncurve

BSTURDIVANT
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Most FMI setups are designed to work with the wire cut/ race mapping. This setup changes spark,fuel and rev limiter!
Cut the wire and try running with and without the FMI while comparing lap times and seat of the pants feel! You will be supprised to see the results!

ds450evo
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by BSTURDIVANT
Most FMI setups are designed to work with the wire cut/ race mapping. This setup changes spark,fuel and rev limiter!
Cut the wire and try running with and without the FMI while comparing lap times and seat of the pants feel! You will be supprised to see the results!

we will try.
Another question
we sell on our atv's, the pro design kill switch.
On the ds 450, if you fix it directly on the negative of the ignition coil, you can't immediately start the engine up without faultmessage and do you wait until the courant is gone.
Is their someone who fix it un another way.

ds450evo
01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
LOOK HERE
mY TEAM

ds450evo
01-03-2008, 01:01 PM
LOOK HERE
IN THE PITS

ds450evo
01-03-2008, 01:06 PM
WWW.LMMOTORS.BE
OFFICIAL CAN-AM DEALER
TEAM LM MOTORS CAN-AM

BSTURDIVANT
01-03-2008, 03:49 PM
There is a male-female plug under the front plastic just in front of the relays. This plug cuts voltage just like the thumb kill switch.
Use a normally closed type of kill switch (like Pingle or one for a YFZ 450 Yamaha) and install between the plugs mentioned above!

atvlover
01-13-2008, 10:22 PM
There are two wires located on the plug for the key switch. One is black and the other is black with a white stripe. A normally open kill switch should be used and wired in parallel with these two wires. In other words the kill switch should be connected to each wire. This kills the engine the same way the key switch does. when you hook it up, there will be a slight delay from when the kill switch is activated and when the engine dies.

jmmiller
02-12-2008, 02:16 PM
With this setup are you guys running the lid on the airbox?

If not, are you leaving the box open or installing some type of pre-filter deal?

ds450
03-18-2008, 06:52 AM
You need to remove the lid and cut 1" off the sides and back of the air box.