PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!

Perazzimx14
12-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I have a new Water cooled DRR 50cc that Santa brought for my daughter on Christmas. It starts and idles fine and will run for about 15 seconds then dies. You then have to choke it to re-start it then it will run for another 15 seconds and shut down again.

I have checked the inline fuel filter and it is clean and also pulled the plug out of the carb bowl (OKO 20mm). There were two small pieces of debris in the bottom of the plug which were discarded and the plug cleaned and reinstalled.

The problem is still ongoing and my little girl is itching to ride so any and all help is appericiated.

Lance

forgiven
12-29-2007, 10:11 AM
What is installed as a main jet in the OKO?

quad12dad
12-29-2007, 10:12 AM
This may sound silly but is the fuel turned on.

Perazzimx14
12-29-2007, 10:35 AM
I haven't taken the carb apart to see what size jet is in there.

On Christmas day my daughter rode around for 20 - 30 minutes with no problem. This started occuring yesterday afternoon.

The fuel is turned on, I have tried it in the "on" and "Reserve" position. A good stream of fuel is comming out of the line.

Lance

forgiven
12-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Pull the plug, I bet it is fouled. I have heard a few people stating the OKO's were coming with huge main jets.

Perazzimx14
12-29-2007, 10:44 AM
The plug looks okay. It is al ittle black on one one side of the electrode and tan on the other side and the metal return part of the plug.

Lance

kenjolly
12-29-2007, 11:05 AM
check the jetting, try starting with a 95-100 main jet and 38 pilot jet and set the clip on the needle to the middle.

Try that for starters, thats how i set up the ones i have built.

Did you take the clip off the CDI.

quad1rider
12-29-2007, 05:05 PM
if you havent taken the bowl down and cleaned the carb please try that before continued changes with the jets, new quads have sometimes had issues of foreign matter getting lodged in the carb. it could have been sloshed around enough on the 20-30 min ride to cause this issue... when it starts it then sucked back in causing it to die after a second it drops giving the gas agian the sucking up starving the engine... always start with a for sure clean carb before attempting to adjust or change anything

Perazzimx14
12-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Took the carb apart and cleaned it with compressed air also drained the remaining gas in the tank. I then took the fuel line from the petcock to the carb off and blew it out as well as re-checked the fuel filter. Put everything back together topped off the gas and it seemed too be fixed. The daughter and I will hopefully get some riding in today and make sure it is fixed.

Thank you,

Lance

quad1rider
12-30-2007, 09:14 AM
ok thats great, i am not a mechanic but i absorb like a sponge and the first thing i ever read about carbs was the info i live by. now go get some mudd... watch out for gotcha's..

Perazzimx14
12-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Just got back from a ride with the daughter. Everything seemed to work perfect.

Thanks to everybody for your help in getting the DRR back up and running,

Lance