PDA

View Full Version : UFC 79 Tonight!

JRP
12-29-2007, 09:53 AM
whos all ready for these matchups! Liddell has always been my favorite, but after watching a special on silva, and to see how hard hes been goin at it, idk, liddell is going to have to putin a good fight! Im goin for matt hughes also in his match, seems liek a good guy and a great fighter! Man im pumped to watch it! Lets say this is the highlight of my day! haha

-Jordan Pepper #859

honda4life72
12-29-2007, 09:56 AM
its pay per veiw isn't it?

tgreenz400
12-29-2007, 09:58 AM
ewww hard fight to pick but id have to say Silva and Hughes.

JRP
12-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
its pay per veiw isn't it?

yup, but my bud already bought it, so ima just go watch it, hahaha:devil:

Rulz
12-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Aaaaahhhhhhh, Patriots going for NFL history tonight, I'll be watching that!!

Who wants to watch sweaty guys wrestle in a cage with dumbo ears anyway??? If they ever stand up and fight, it might be worth watching!

tgreenz400
12-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Rulz

Who wants to watch sweaty guys wrestle in a cage with dumbo ears anyway??? If they ever stand up and fight, it might be worth watching! well your iin for a treat then considering that Liddel and Silva are two of the main guys in the sport known for not spending barely anytime on the ground. Who wants to watch a bunch of cheaters win a football game anyway???;)

Just for the record tho ill be watching both

450raider
12-29-2007, 01:35 PM
well ill be watchin nfl simply cause its between my 2 favorite teams (last one is titans), but as for ufc my guess is liddell is gonna win (although i really think hes overrated hes got this one) and i thin hughes will beat gsp although i like em both (if serra had made it i dont think it would be worth watching)

tgreenz400
12-29-2007, 01:42 PM
funny thing about Pierre, he actually turned down the fight then Dana White came up to him and told him thats fine, but he would announce during the fights that Pierre turned down the fight. I think his excuse was that your supposed to get 3 months to train for a fight and he only got 1 so he didnt want to....probably should of cuz hes getting beat tonight

jesseweaver
12-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Rulz

Who wants to watch sweaty guys wrestle in a cage with dumbo ears anyway??? If they ever stand up and fight, it might be worth watching!

X2 no way im watching UFC over NFL

AtvMxRider
12-29-2007, 03:10 PM
GSP will win over Hughes. Hughes is a ******* that thinks he is better than everyone else.

honda4life72
12-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
GSP will win over Hughes. Hughes is a ******* that thinks he is better than everyone else. well so far he is better lol

tgreenz400
12-29-2007, 03:22 PM
GSP will win over Hughes. Hughes is a ******* that thinks he is better than everyone else. How so? Ive always thought he displays himself well and doesnt gloat...

AtvMxRider
12-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by tgreenz400
How so? Ive always thought he displays himself well and doesnt gloat...

Then you apparently haven't paid much attention to him then.

tgreenz400
12-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Then you apparently haven't paid much attention to him then. I dont watch interviews or anything, but thats just what it seems like before and after fights. Personally id rather Pierre win but i dont think hes trained enough:ermm:

ATV Chic
12-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Heading to HOOTERS in about 2 hours to watch! Should be some good fights, go chuck!!:macho

reptikes
12-29-2007, 04:27 PM
All i see so far in this thread is a lot of people who don't really follow the sport, making all kind of inacurate comments. Matt Hughs has not had a dominating fight in years (take away the 50 year old Gracie fight). He fought BJ Penn and was getting his *** handed to him the intire fight then got a lucky arm lock and hit Penn till the ref stopped it. He barely beat Chris Lytle who isn't even in the top ten Welterwieghts.

tgreenz400, let me guess that your buddy's, dads, uncles, daughters exboyfriend told somebody that told somebody else who told you that. Huh! Didn't think so.

Liddel (my favorite Lightheavy Wieght) should pull out a win( IF ) he fights a little smarter than he has been and if he did some strength training.

Im going with GSP and Wanderlei. Although i want Chuck to win.

tgreenz400
12-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Im sorry dude, i had no idea that you know everything

honda4life72
12-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Im sorry dude, i had no idea that you know everything for real , i follow it more than anyone and i still think he represents good

user101
12-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Im sorry dude, i had no idea that you know everything

he doesn't know everything, I know everything.

swampz
12-29-2007, 11:10 PM
well lets see liddell vs silva, liddell won by unanimous decison

hughes vs st pierre that would be a victory to gsp by armbar in the second.

jcv400ex
12-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Liddell didn't win the second round and Silvia took a beating, but would not go away...but I still have to say...Chuck is back. He looked pretty damn good.

reptikes
12-30-2007, 05:44 AM
That was Liddels most impressive fight in like 2 years! The Liddel i saw last night WILL be champ again.

And of course GSP dominated Hughes. That was a one sided fight!

Flyin-Low
12-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by reptikes
All i see so far in this thread is a lot of people who don't really follow the sport, making all kind of inacurate comments. Matt Hughs has not had a dominating fight in years (take away the 50 year old Gracie fight). He fought BJ Penn and was getting his *** handed to him the intire fight then got a lucky arm lock and hit Penn till the ref stopped it. He barely beat Chris Lytle who isn't even in the top ten Welterwieghts.

tgreenz400, let me guess that your buddy's, dads, uncles, daughters exboyfriend told somebody that told somebody else who told you that. Huh! Didn't think so.

Liddel (my favorite Lightheavy Wieght) should pull out a win( IF ) he fights a little smarter than he has been and if he did some strength training.

Im going with GSP and Wanderlei. Although i want Chuck to win.

Good call on GSP, that giant judo throw was amazing :D

Wanderlei was holding his own in the start and they were exchanging some impressive blows but once Liddel got a couple good ones in it was all downhill from there.

madskrillz2
12-30-2007, 12:54 PM
i'm obsessed with MMA and i have to say Wanderlei is my favorite fighter. if he had just put the pressure on chuck he would have whooped his ***. he's just not the same anymore. he used to be a freaking animal gone mad in the ring but now he's just almost hesitant. there were a couple times he could have capitalized on chuck and ended the fight but instead he just sat back and let him get back into it. if he had pounced on him after he put him on his *** the second time he had it. PLUS he never used his "legendary" knees but that's because he never even attempted the clinch which is another thing he is world renowned for. oh well i still have confidence that he'll come back with a vengeance.

i was also disappointed in sokoudjou but that's more typing that i don't wanna do so i'll leave it at that lol.