PDA

View Full Version : i ruined my monitor

TC17
11-11-2002, 08:43 PM
i was on the phone with my friend and my phone hit the screen and turned it purple for a sec. i thought it was cool so i moved the phone around on the screen and then it didn't turn back. the right side of my screen is now purple. my dad told me the magnetic force from the phone input screwed up the tube in the computer or something. purple is a gay color. does anyone know how to fix this other than buy a new one? there goes dough.:grr

tants
11-11-2002, 08:45 PM
:huh

"i thought it was cool so i moved the phone around on the screen and then it didn't turn back."

:huh :huh

DGR Designs
11-11-2002, 08:48 PM
LMAO! that sucks. but yea. you are kinda a dumbass for keeping to do it

AtvMxRider
11-11-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by roost_maker
LMAO! that sucks. but yea. you are kinda a dumbass for keeping to do it

:blah

SGA
11-11-2002, 08:59 PM
It should go away in time or use the degauss feature on your monitor if it has one.

11-11-2002, 08:59 PM
my screen was a lil dot once, i shut it off for awhile turned it on and it worked

Ralph
11-11-2002, 09:01 PM
its a gateway isnt it wiggle the wires around on the back it will go through different colors, keep tryng it until u can get it to sat normal...

4Man450es
11-11-2002, 09:02 PM
anthony, you are a retard.. lol jk!

Bean
11-11-2002, 09:03 PM
lmao, at our school, we had wires, and u could move them to make the screen blue or green, makes teach real mad

TC17
11-11-2002, 09:05 PM
dang. there's like this purple spot on my screen it's actually funny. you have to put the part where your ear goes touching the screen. lol. it's a comcrap. i hate it! it always freezes up and stuff.

brian, did you get your avator working?

4Man450es
11-11-2002, 09:08 PM
i didnt get the pictures u sent... did u have the write address??

Striker49
11-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Like SG said, hit the Degauss button on your monitor if it has one. Some monitors do not thought. Otherwise see how it works out, it may go away eventually, but you might have to fork out some mula for a new one.

Word of advice from Striker:

Never ever lay a magnet, or get anything that uses magnets/has a magnetic force near any part of your computer.

It can damage monitors, erase harddrives, and who knows what else. :cool:

TC17
11-11-2002, 09:21 PM
soulflyer1069@aol.com?

TheX1992
11-11-2002, 09:48 PM
did u try cussing and kicking? that solves most of my disputes. jk. ive never had that problem.

babycakes
11-11-2002, 09:58 PM
Well one time.. along time ago.... it happened to me.. turned it green though.. so I just played with buttons on the back of the motherboard.. and screen.. and it worked.. somehow.. just mess around with ****.. or call a computer support guy! :D

TC17
11-11-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
Like SG said, hit the Degauss button on your monitor if it has one. Some monitors do not thought. Otherwise see how it works out, it may go away eventually, but you might have to fork out some mula for a new one.

Word of advice from Striker:

Never ever lay a magnet, or get anything that uses magnets/has a magnetic force near any part of your computer.

It can damage monitors, erase harddrives, and who knows what else. :cool:

thanks for the advice. hey it helped a little. i'm used to bad tubes and poor color on tv's and monitors. i've had a 20 yeard old tv since i was 4. it's really POS.

GoLikeHell
11-11-2002, 10:36 PM
If your monitor doesnt have a degaus button, give you local tv repair place a call and ask how much to degaus your monitor.

Hope this helps

Mark

TC17
11-11-2002, 11:14 PM
i semi-fixed it. i turned the color up the whole way. it's good enough. soon enough i'll get my mom's new HP:blah!

Castor-426ex
11-11-2002, 11:20 PM
if you actually had a magnetic transfer from the monitor...then in the long run it wont be good... the spot you saw...that was where the magnet had drained the color from the tube inside the monitor...whatever you do...DONT TAKE IT APART even unplugged..and discharged that sucka carries enough juice to take off your hand....

Striker49
11-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
whatever you do...DONT TAKE IT APART even unplugged..and discharged that sucka carries enough juice to take off your hand....

Yes, Castor is right. Never mess with it. Same goes for TVs. There is a certain "charger" thing...forget the technical term for it...and it carries enough power to kill you if you touch it. Even if the device is unplugged, even one thats been in a garage for years.

Some dumb@$$es at school had a magnet and was playin with it to close to the monitors. :rolleyes: Go figure.

TC17
11-12-2002, 06:19 PM
i heard about that thing. it's in the back of your tv. if you touch it you get severly shocked or something. it doesn't even have to be on. i think that's always on. my mom said they took there tv to an old creek brought a 22 with them and trew it in the creek and shot it and it blew up. that would be cool.

Rip_Tear
11-12-2002, 07:39 PM
That thing is called a Capcitor! If you unplug it for 24hours it will be uncharged. I have taken many oh TV's and monitors apart. I wouldnt suggest it unless you know what your doing though!

To your monitor problem, if you dont have a degaus button, Does your other monitor have one? If so if you bring your other monitor close to the other one, when they are both turned on, and you degaus one it will degaus the other. I have done the exact same thing to other monitors to fix them. (I do know what I am talking about, I build computers and have been around other Computer Tech people all my life)

MOUSE
11-12-2002, 07:51 PM
i accidentaly did this to a tv once. i had set some speakers on top of the entertainment center right above the tv and it turned the top of the tv green. when i figured out it was the speakers doing it i kinda moved them around till the color went back to normal :huh i still have the tv :D

Sportrax10
11-12-2002, 08:44 PM
about a month ago my monitor broke cause i moved it to a differant room, now i have some wierd brand monitor :grr

TC17
11-12-2002, 09:49 PM
lol. too bad. it's pretty much ok now. the things that are least obvious are the things you learn the hard way. i sound so smart:D. no i'm not. lol.

better go, i have to get up at 6 tom for a special meeting at this school for what career i'm doing. i'm probably going to be a Mechanical Engineer or a Laywer. we'll see what happens. last resort, make you guys pay tax $'s more me to sit on my bum and coullet welfare. lol. i'm not that lazy!

Quad18star
11-12-2002, 10:20 PM
******* Babycakes , ur mmm mmm good looking . Nice pics you have on ur web page . LOve the pics of u in the orange dress. Lucky BF thats all i can say . MMM MMM

BrianWrightR6
11-13-2002, 12:48 AM
I have seen this done before and seen it fixed also. Get a magnet and try and pull the place with no color off the screen. My friend done this until most of it was gone and over time it got better.

4punksdad
11-13-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX
my mom said they took there tv to an old creek brought a 22 with them and trew it in the creek and shot it and it blew up. that would be cool.

thats not cool at all...............how much you wanna bet she left her old TV & all the broken parts in the "creek"

and we all wonder why nobody wants us on their land

CHAUNCY
11-13-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

thats not cool at all...............how much you wanna bet she left her old TV & all the broken parts in the "creek"

and we all wonder why nobody wants us on their land

Yea, I mean if someone did that on my land i would be pissed. I think that was a stupid thing to do.