PDA

View Full Version : Carb ?

jread14
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
My son has a 07 Drr 50 and I keep seeing everyone talk about the OKO carbs. I think his is the earlier version of the 07's because his has a Mikuni carb. Is there an advantage to going to the OKO carb over the mikuni carb? What are my options for an 07 to stay legal. Is DRR allowing the Sunworld carbs as a replacement due to the issues they had with the OKO's, or is this even a good option.... Just trying to make sure we arent missing the boat on some things here. Thanks for your help. JR

Nichols Atvs
12-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Unless you can tune a oko carb then do not get it. it is very finicky
the one on your machine is a very good carb and easy to keep tuned you can get a keihin 20 to put on yours but you will need to change the intake to do it . unless you need the bigger carb because of motor mods i sugjest just stay with the mikuni . Just my 2 cents.

quad1rider
12-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Not to make you unhappy with my answer but your looking to change something stock that is in almost all rules illegal to change.

what comes on a model one year cant be changed even if its OEM for the next year, this came from doug at ATVA. ("what came on the quad must remain original" quote doug morris) There are to many misinterpretations of the rules and bending . I would like to change to the sunworld carb but the 2005 was an mukuni.

Only problem is I know DRR has had 2 carbs in different models the same year and personnally they are both knock-off carbs that are difficult to adjust and highly tempermental for the 50 dollars they should end the carb issue and replace them with good ones.

To answer the question the mukuni is the better of the two.

kenjolly
12-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Like they said unless you are doing some mods you have a very good carb, dont change it.

jread14
12-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by quad1rider
Not to make you unhappy with my answer but your looking to change something stock that is in almost all rules illegal to change.

what comes on a model one year cant be changed even if its OEM for the next year, this came from doug at ATVA. ("what came on the quad must remain original" quote doug morris) There are to many misinterpretations of the rules and bending . I would like to change to the sunworld carb but the 2005 was an mukuni.

Only problem is I know DRR has had 2 carbs in different models the same year and personnally they are both knock-off carbs that are difficult to adjust and highly tempermental for the 50 dollars they should end the carb issue and replace them with good ones.

To answer the question the mukuni is the better of the two.

Thanks for the input.... The fact is that the 07's came with 2 different carbs.... The Mikuni or the OKO, so my understanding of the rule is that you could change to the OKO if you wanted to. However, this sounds like a bad idea anyways.

We do not cheat in anyway, so no mods here.... Therefore, it sounds like the Mikuni carb is the way to stay/go.... Thanks again for all of your input.... JR