PDA

View Full Version : 280ex/82mph

prairiemonster
12-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Had the old 280ex up to 82mph and the fenders stayed on!
I thought it was going to blow out of the back of the truck through. LOL

12-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by prairiemonster

so it didnt get there itself? it was in the back of a truck?

honda300EXtreme
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
lol,,, good one you had me going

i was ready to call BS

12-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
lol,,, good one you had me going

i was ready to call BS

yeah same here i expected someone to clain they hit a rediculous speed for the size of the quad. 82MPH isnt so easy to acheive unless you have really tall gearing. The fastest thing I rode was a 440 stroker 400ex with piston, cam, HMF... It did 86MPH and I cant imagine going faster offroad. Going that fast over little bumps and such seems crazy when you do it. On a drag strip or the road it would be fine. How is a 280ex anyways? great power over stock or what?

prairiemonster
12-29-2007, 09:02 AM
I thought this site could use a little humor!The 280 has been in the garage since october until now.Deer season.It is not even broke in yet but the power gain is very noticeable in bottom to mid range so far.Need to get to work on the 280 again lots of stuff to rebuild and testing to do.
Happy new year!

12-29-2007, 10:14 AM
what all is done to the 280?

prairiemonster
01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
what all is done to the 280?
Go to post #12 on this thread for a short run down of what it has.
I really do not like to say too much about the 280 because it seems that it always goes back to why bore a 250/get a bigger faster quad and so on.
I thought this was a site to talk about the 250ex.It is not a 300/400 so stop makeing that compairson.We have a need for a 250 four stroke and in 06 we thought that the ex was the best buy for the bucks in the 250 class and still think so.
If people want a bored out fuel injected nitro buning 250ex,let them have it,quit telling them that their wasting there money and buy something else.It is there quad, there money, there life.
I feel that we should encourage the ones that try new things/ideas and parts not discourage them!
FoxHondaRider none of this is towards you,I'm just saying why I do not say much. Besides I can't tell you our secret stuff just yet,most of it is still in the testing stage.Here is a few things that we have been testing:gasoline that performes almost like noss
a part that cost less than $10 to get made and makes about 3hp

prairiemonster
01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Go to post #12 on this thread for a short run down of what it has.
I really do not like to say too much about the 280 because it seems that it always goes back to why bore a 250/get a bigger faster quad and so on.
I thought this was a site to talk about the 250ex.It is not a 300/400 so stop makeing that compairson.We have a need for a 250 four stroke and in 06 we thought that the ex was the best buy for the bucks in the 250 class and still think so.
If people want a bored out fuel injected nitro buning 250ex,let them have it,quit telling them that their wasting there money and buy something else.It is there quad, there money, there life.
I feel that we should encourage the ones that try new things/ideas and parts not discourage them!
FoxHondaRider none of this is towards you,I'm just saying why I do not say much. Besides I can't tell you our secret stuff just yet,most of it is still in the testing stage.Here is a few things that we have been testing:gasoline that performes almost like noss
a part that cost less than $10 to get made and makes about 3hp post#12 on big bore kits

250exkid
01-27-2008, 09:42 AM
whats your top speed on the 280?

ONAGER II
06-10-2008, 09:04 PM
yeah, whats the top speed and acceleration? im looking to get one too, but what is that under $10 part for 3 H? :eek2:

ryanh250ex
06-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Did this really need to be brought up again? :confused:

ONAGER II
06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
Did this really need to be brought up again? :confused: look, im completely sorry for your shortness torwards people, i really dont mean to be rude, but have patiance. i am new to this forum, and ive seen posts towards people, frankley, i think were uncalled for. i didnt see ANYTHING with acceleration, and if your pissed cuz i asked a question that could be found in your faq, im sorry. id rather ask other members too, to have a look on what EVERYONES top speed is, not just stock.

p.s, i am sorry for calling any1 out of for this rant. i just rather this be more of a nicer forum, not a place where newbies can get pounced on.

ryanh250ex
06-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ONAGER II
look, im completely sorry for your shortness torwards people, i really dont mean to be rude, but have patiance. i am new to this forum, and ive seen posts towards people, frankley, i think were uncalled for. i didnt see ANYTHING with acceleration, and if your pissed cuz i asked a question that could be found in your faq, im sorry. id rather ask other members too, to have a look on what EVERYONES top speed is, not just stock.

p.s, i am sorry for calling any1 out of for this rant. i just rather this be more of a nicer forum, not a place where newbies can get pounced on.

I'm not pissed- its just the internet. the answers are all there.....

Top speed is typically a function of tire size, gearing ratio, and redline/rev limiter.

Adding additional power (via camshaft, boring, etc etc) is NOT going to change the top speed unless you previously were unable to reach redline in top gear. Seeing as a very mild 250 can pretty much hit the rev limiter in 5th, if you want to increase top speed, you either need to get the ECU re-tweaked, or add larger tires. Period.

JBacon
06-18-2008, 09:17 PM

HAHA good one...:D

JBacon
06-18-2008, 09:17 PM

HAHA good one...:D