PDA

View Full Version : i HATE dealerships

One_Bad_400
12-27-2007, 10:00 PM
so my truck was making a funky noise around the engine so i took it to the dealership. They claimed that my rear end was out and that they wouldnt fix it under warrenty becasue i had a BODY lift and that it changed the angle of the DRIVE SHAFT!!! (impossible!) so my dad said ya'll are idiots, hopped in my truck and drove off. came home, put a new bearing in the BELT Tentioner (nothing to do with the rear end?) and if solved the hole problem...

#1 they thought it was the rear end?? nothing to do with the problem
#2 they thought that a BODY lift would change the angle of the drive shaft
#3 they wouldnt do it under warrenty becasue of how stupid they were?

We'll never go to that Ford dealership again... HA

12-27-2007, 10:57 PM
in case you didn't realize... dealers try to rip you off on purpose. that's how they make money.

BlaineKaiser450
12-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
in case you didn't realize... dealers try to rip you off on purpose. that's how they make money. bingo

mineralgrey01gt
12-27-2007, 11:33 PM
im shocked they even talked to you since you "changed" the look of the truck. They tried telling a friend of mine by putting exhaust on the car it made the wheels mess up. First ive heard of that

Ghost-Rider
12-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
in case you didn't realize... dealers try to rip you off on purpose. that's how they make money.

Not always true. Today we went to the dealership to get some of those push tabs that hold the plastic trim on (but the new stereo in my truck today) We told him we needed about a dozen Christmas tree style ones he comes back with a big handful and says no biggie, you can have'em.

pro-rider46
12-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Not always true. Today we went to the dealership to get some of those push tabs that hold the plastic trim on (but the new stereo in my truck today) We told him we needed about a dozen Christmas tree style ones he comes back with a big handful and says no biggie, you can have'em.

cost of plastic tabs, and a rear end arent very close in price, thats like asking someone for a piece of gum.

tar
12-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider

Yea but those cost $0.50 them "fixing" the problem would prolly be really expensive.

derekhonda
12-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
im shocked they even talked to you since you "changed" the look of the truck. They tried telling a friend of mine by putting exhaust on the car it made the wheels mess up. First ive heard of that

Yeah I've heard of horrible stories like that. I was worried when I took my avalanche in cause my left wheel bearing went out they wouldn't do the warranty work cause I put a system in. Isn't that a horrible thing to worry about?

Bottom line if dealers want to keep your business, they will treat you right. But if you didnt buy the truck from them they will more than likely assume you won't buy the next one there either, and it doesn't make "business sense" to show you the time of day.

450raider
12-28-2007, 10:54 AM
yeah my main dealer wasnt like that untill they relocated into this giant fancy building....now they suck, but before then i would take my f150 to them for checkups and stuff and they would fix what was wrong totally under warranty (and nevermind the flowmasters and cool air intake) which didnt have anything to do with the problems anyway so i enjoyed it while it lasted.

whiteflash
12-28-2007, 04:09 PM
you guys need to check out the magnuson-moss warranty act, basically it states that if the dealership can't prove the aftermarket part caused the defect; they cannot reject your warranty.

just google "magnuson-moss warranty act" read up on it....

bens250ex
12-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
yeah my main dealer wasnt like that untill they relocated into this giant fancy building....now they suck, but before then i would take my f150 to them for checkups and stuff and they would fix what was wrong totally under warranty (and nevermind the flowmasters and cool air intake) which didnt have anything to do with the problems anyway so i enjoyed it while it lasted.

what dealer was this?

450raider
12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
well i cant think of the name right now but if your familiar with east tn its the new giant ford place in clinton, tn