PDA

View Full Version : My 450r help me

dumontdude10
12-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Ok on my 450r i just bought it like may and it ran bad when we got it but the guys at the deler ship said thats how they run at first but i just started it and the header is glowing orange and the bike is keap on poping and i dont know if thats how they are or if thats not whatt there supose to do and if i need to fix it can any boy tell me if its supose to do this or what and how do i fix it?

TURBO-530R
12-27-2007, 07:47 PM
It is running very lean you need to have it rejeted if you know what you are doing you could do it your self but if you did then you would of not asked so my best advice is take it to a shop that knows how to do it It will run allot better . Also don’t run it with the pipe glowing or you will damage the engine.

TRX450RACER174
12-27-2007, 07:52 PM
What year and any mods done to it? i have never heard of them just running like crap off of the floor we have 2 bought brand new 06 and 07 and ran great off the floor, some one is blowing smoke up your arse.

bloodmoney23
12-27-2007, 08:11 PM
yeah the jetting is jacked up on that thing. popping on decel would be the pilot jet and the orange glow would be to low of a main. if it was brand new off the floor then I would be pissed.

d3ktrix
12-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
yeah the jetting is jacked up on that thing. popping on decel would be the pilot jet and the orange glow would be to low of a main. if it was brand new off the floor then I would be pissed.

Actually any part of the fuel circuit being lean could cause the header to glow more then normal. Pilot, needle, main, they can all cause it.

Every stock bike I've ever seen will make the header glow at night tough. They are kinda lean from the factory and the stock headers are super thin and light weight.
Shouldn't pop though.

Like said above whats done to the bike?
When does it pop? when your on the throttle or letting off the throttle?

dumontdude10
12-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Actually any part of the fuel circuit being lean could cause the header to glow more then normal. Pilot, needle, main, they can all cause it.

Every stock bike I've ever seen will make the header glow at night tough. They are kinda lean from the factory and the stock headers are super thin and light weight.
Shouldn't pop though.

Like said above whats done to the bike?
When does it pop? when your on the throttle or letting off the throttle?

it pops when im giving it gas

bloodmoney23
12-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by dumontdude10
it pops when im giving it gas

my bike when it was brand new ran perfect....and unless i was riding for hours on in the header never had a glow. Basically, you are going to need to adjust your jetting and it will be fine. Now.....jetting we cant tell you what it needs to be you are just going to have to adjust till its perfect. And once again, what is done to your bike or is it all stock? I am guessing you are going to go up in main jet size and maybe a clip on the needle.