PDA

View Full Version : Skid plates

backinsaddle
12-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Does anyone make skid plates for the DRR's? Racing the FTR XC series, i'm always concerned about a branch or a stump poking a hole in the case or tearing the exhaust off.

Should I even be concerned? I am also concerned about heat buildup if I put on a plate that blocks a lot of air to the underside of the motor/exhaust.

Opinions?

CashCrew
12-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Not a 100 % sure if this is the exact one or not, but you could contact them.

http://www.extrememiniquadsnw.com/parts/accessories.htm

Scroll down a ways to the skidplate.

ecmini1
12-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Saddle,
those are for dinlis and could work. Talk soon

CashCrew
12-27-2007, 11:07 PM
ecmini1

Educate a newbe. What is a dinli. Is that the cobra, just a guess.

Thanks

backinsaddle
12-27-2007, 11:17 PM
cashcrew, thanks, and a dinli is another brand of mini based on the same chassis/motor

ecmini, i saw those on another site as well and was wondering if they would work. I swear I found some one time for a DRR while searching, but i'll be darned if i can find them again. if i wasn't so dang busy i'd spend a few hours in the shop and fab some myself.

Reimer Racing
12-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Polaris sells one for the Scrambler and Sportsmen 90cc series. Try your local Polaris dealer.

bulldogfallon
12-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Mark--I still can't believe you don't call me on stuff like this?

Gee whiz...

Would you like me to bring one for you to pick up in Sunrise on Monday?

Call me...you have the number

There is also someone making them for release in a few weeks which will be under $100 retail

I'll post info and pics when I get them

quad1rider
12-28-2007, 10:06 AM
DINLI is a dinasuar so is eton and kasea... The new kids on the block have become the masters with DRR on the top not even a close second is apex . thats why you dont know dinli...LOL

and as mark said the skid plate is available ... not much has worked from the dinli's on DRR's and the Eton motor mounts aren't the same even if they look darn near perfect matches.

backinsaddle
12-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Mark--I still can't believe you don't call me on stuff like this?

Gee whiz...

Would you like me to bring one for you to pick up in Sunrise on Monday?

Call me...you have the number

There is also someone making them for release in a few weeks which will be under $100 retail

I'll post info and pics when I get them

you da man Gary. I want 2. I don't know if we'll be in town this weekend, so Monday is no-go, but Wed would work. I'll call you

Perazzimx14
12-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Gary,

I am also interested in the new skid plate. Let me know when the arrive. I also need to order a few other items at the same time.

Thanks,

Lance