PDA

View Full Version : 250r wiring help needed!

Joeronomo
12-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I have a 86 trx250r and i want to stick a headlight back on it but the guy before me cut all the wires out that due to the headlight. I done need a high and low i am just wanting to run 2 small lights with a toggle switch.... Who can tell me where i need to cut, splice, and whatever else to accomplish this.

400ex18
12-28-2007, 10:25 AM
cut the red and blue wire thats what i would do!

Joeronomo
12-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Ya..... That dont sound to awful promising. I think i might wait and see if anyone else has any more information that they might be able to add.

svahle
12-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Assuming you have a stock ignition, stator, etc., there should be a White/Yellow wire coming from the stator (left side case cover). This will be the positive wire for the lights. You must also have a voltage regulator (small box with cooling fins also called A.C. Regulator). The voltage regulator has a green and a White/Yellow wire. The green goes to ground and white/yellow wire goes to the white/yellow wire from the stator and between the stator and the lights. You can put your switch between the voltage regulator and the lights. The positive side of the wiring for the the lighting system will essenstially be as follows:

stator -----y/w---voltage regulator---y/w------switch-------lights

Again, the green wire from the voltage regulator will go to ground as will the negative side of the lights.

BTW - Where are you in Missouri?

Here is a wiring diagram that should make the above more clear.

Joeronomo
12-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I live by kirksville missouri. Thanks for the diagram and the help with the light issue. I cant stand when people post about crap they have no clue about. Like the whole
cut the red and blue wire thats what i would do! :huh