PDA

View Full Version : Shock setup & A-arm width ?

250Renvy
12-27-2007, 12:22 PM
If you are just play riding and your shocks are setup for stock width arms and you switch to +2's, will there be a noticeable difference and is it that crucial to get them re-set for +2's?

Right now I have A-arms ranging from stock to +3 and I want to play around with my widths to see what I like best but can't afford to get the shocks setup each time.

Suggestions?

300exOH
12-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
If you are just play riding and your shocks are setup for stock width arms and you switch to +2's, will there be a noticeable difference and is it that crucial to get them re-set for +2's?

Right now I have A-arms ranging from stock to +3 and I want to play around with my widths to see what I like best but can't afford to get the shocks setup each time.

Suggestions?

If you aren't jumping and just doing trail riding you should be okay. You might notice a little more body roll in turns though with the shocks not set up properly. They will get softer as you go wider. Depending on the shocks you might be able to compensate enough to get an idea by making a few adjustments.

BlaineKaiser450
12-27-2007, 12:50 PM
you can bend a arms with +3 with stock shocks that arnt setup

TRX450RACER174
12-27-2007, 01:17 PM
What type of riding are you doing? if your trail riding you will be fine but as others stated you will feel a difference in roll and dive of the front end as well as bottom out on jumps.