PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers. Stainless! Nice

TRX450rRoostin
12-27-2007, 10:15 AM
set of 3" wheel spacers for any atv using the common 10 x 1.25mm studs.
This is for a set of 8 enough to widen the front or the rear.

These spacer's are CNC machined from a solid 7/8 inch 4140 STAINLESS STEEL stock, they are one peice! Unlike many spacer's you find that are made on screw machines these spacers are very strong and are exellent quality. Beware of cheap imitations! They have been Black Oxide coated for rust prevention.

This simple, yet very strong design allows you to thread our spacers onto the existing stud. All you need to do is take off your wheel, thread on our spacer, bolt your wheel to the spacer and go!

This is a very cost effective alternative to buying aftermarket A-arms and axles. Using these spacers will increase your stability and improve your handling.

LIFETIME WARANTY!!!

Shipping to the continental U.S. will be $10.00 and $4.00 for any additional kits. Please send all questions to RZmotorsports17@gmail.com

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2007/post-107-1198775033.jpg

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2007/post-107-1198775040.jpg

400exrider707
12-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Please read rule #5 at the bottom of the page, and misinforming members on top of that makes me even more upset. Improves handling?:rolleyes:

TRX450rRoostin
12-27-2007, 11:29 AM
ya why not? its just a cheaper alternative to a-arms.

300exOH
12-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TRX450rRoostin
ya why not? its just a cheaper alternative to a-arms.

Not really...they will increase the amount of feedback felt through the bars and cause wheel bearings to wear out twice as fast. Ideally you want the center line of the wheel to be over the balljoints. With wheel spacers you are extending them WELL beyond that which will have ill effects on handling...especially when they are extended 3".

TRX450rRoostin
12-27-2007, 11:51 AM
well thanks for ***Cin up my tread

300exOH
12-27-2007, 01:05 PM
It will likely be deleted for advertising anyhow... I would do some research before selling products like this anyhow. There are enough bad products on the market and most of them need to be called out...wheel spacers top the list. There are enough people getting hurt on atv's as it is and products like these are NOT going to help the industries safety record. We aren't trying to put you or your business down...but we are only trying to make sure companies that sell parts are only selling ones that are safe and effective instead of passing off poor products by telling them they will improve handling and safety.

400exrider707
12-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
It will likely be deleted for advertising anyhow... I would do some research before selling products like this anyhow. There are enough bad products on the market and most of them need to be called out...wheel spacers top the list. There are enough people getting hurt on atv's as it is and products like these are NOT going to help the industries safety record. We aren't trying to put you or your business down...but we are only trying to make sure companies that sell parts are only selling ones that are safe and effective instead of passing off poor products by telling them they will improve handling and safety.

Well said.

TRX450rRoostin
12-28-2007, 12:09 AM
well first off i never said anything about safety bc that has nothing to do with it.......these will never break even with you riding as hard as you can......and your gonna sit there and tell me something wider will not improve handling?

TRX450rRoostin
12-28-2007, 12:10 AM
there is nothing absolutly nothing wrong with these to put on your quad if you dont have the money for arms......enough said

300exOH
12-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Nothing to do with safety? Never break? Ha!!!! :rolleyes: Safety has EVERYTHING to do with it. Obviously you have a lot to learn about suspension. There is much more to good handling than just having more width. If it was that easy don't you think the quads would come with wheel spacers? Like I said before...do a little research. Do a search on here and read a few of the posts about wheel spacers and you'll find out why. (ignore the ones like you that insist they are the greatest thing since the wheel) The type of wheel spacer you posted is considered to be the worst type and I can guarantee if you give a set of these to the right person they WILL break. I highly doubt they will last very long when jumping 50'+ or even the rigors of heavy XC racing either. If you don't have the money to do it right then don't do it at all. Why is it that you can afford a 450r but not a decent set of a arms...even used ones????

400exrider707
12-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by TRX450rRoostin
well first off i never said anything about safety bc that has nothing to do with it.......these will never break even with you riding as hard as you can......and your gonna sit there and tell me something wider will not improve handling?

Safety has everything to do with it, and 300exOH explained it well.

You obviously dont understand the term "handling" Just because you're wider doesn't mean you handle any better. In fact in this case, handling is far decreased. Sure you're less likely to tip over, but that is not the description of handling.