PDA

View Full Version : Transporting an ATV up right?!?!?

Myrkk
12-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Transporting an ATV up right?!?!?

I’ve seen a few times ATV’s being transported up right. How does that affect the fuel engine oil and all other liquids on the bikes?

The two bikes I will be transporting are 02 400ex and 86 250r if that makes a difference.

tman12345
12-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Myrkk
Transporting an ATV up right?!?!?

I’ve seen a few times ATV’s being transported up right. How does that affect the fuel engine oil and all other liquids on the bikes?

The two bikes I will be transporting are 02 400ex and 86 250r if that makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure it's fine but you need to block off the gas cap somehow so it does not spill, if you have a breathe tube tie it in a knot. There was an issue of dirt wheels that showed it done.

trx400EXtreme
12-27-2007, 09:08 AM
we hauled 2 quad in the bed of a truck up right from Kansas City all the way to glamis. just turn the gas off and make sure your not totally full on gas so it doesn't flow out of the breather tube. and what we did was turn the gas off and go ahead and run t until we got all the gas out of the carb.

Myrkk
12-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys for the useful tips!

fastredrider44
12-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Another thing to consider is the engine oil. When you get to your destination, what I would do is set the wheeler on all fours and let it sit a while so that if any oil leaked to where its not suppossed to, it has time to work its way back into the crankcase.

12-27-2007, 10:56 AM
just make sure there isnt a full tank of gas or 3/4 cause it will come out the gas cap vent and before you stand it up turn the gas to off and run it till it wont run anymore.