PDA

View Full Version : help with truck

450rboy
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
ok i have a 91 toyota pickup extended cab with a 4 cyclinder, automatic. and i just put in my sub yesterday and amp and its 600 watt amp. well now since i put it in has been blowing this one fuse. the fuse is a size 15. and this fuse is the one that runs my dash lights and tail lights. what i thing is that a wire is touching my from or something somewhere. so if anyone can give me any help on this please do. and i have looked all over but didn't find a wire touching the frame.

but my dash lights and tail lights was working for about 10 minutes but thats when i first got it all hooked up and running. i could tell that the sub pounded to hard one time there and my dash and tail lights went out.

please help anyone

ZeroLogic
12-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Check for shorts. Where did you fish the power wire through into the truck from the battery.

450rboy
12-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Check for shorts. Where did you fish the power wire through into the truck from the battery.

don't worry i finally found the problem

ZeroLogic
12-27-2007, 08:44 PM
What was the problem?

450rboy
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
a wire was touching my frame of course. it one of the wire that came off the back of the cd player. it was the only one i didn't cap off so it wouldn't touch anything.