PDA

View Full Version : 300ex rear shock vs. 2001 raptor rear shock

Honda10
12-26-2007, 12:15 PM
I have the raptor shock right now and as we all know the raptor shock is ver very stiff. So instead of dumping money into the raptor rear shock to get it resrung and revalved and get bults and drill holes so it actually fits. I was wondering since a 300ex shock bolts right up if it will be a much better upgrade from stock?

tedwilley
12-27-2007, 12:44 PM
The 300ex rear shock does not 'bolt right up' You have to drill out the top and bottom mounts and use larger bolts.
According to those that are using the 300ex rear, it is less resistant to bottoming out, but is every bit as stiff as the stock rear shock. It also has no adjustments, other than the spring preload.

Honda10
12-27-2007, 05:21 PM
it cant be as stiff as the raptor shock, the raptor weighs way more. Anyways i came back from riding today and while i was riding out there my quad started to die, it did it a number of times. So my friend got on it and pulled the choke, and it ran fine. Anyone know what this could be.

Honda10
12-28-2007, 09:52 AM
anyone know what this can be?

prairiemonster
12-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Honda10
it cant be as stiff as the raptor shock, the raptor weighs way more. Anyways i came back from riding today and while i was riding out there my quad started to die, it did it a number of times. So my friend got on it and pulled the choke, and it ran fine. Anyone know what this could be.
Sounds like a dirty air filter or a wet one.
Don't wast your money on a 300ex shock,way to stiff,take your raptor shock and get it rebuilt to meet your weight and style of riding you do.If you want after market, shop,shop and shop more
ended up $100 for our front elkas at a H/D swap meet.
HAPPY NEW YEAR