PDA

View Full Version : AC Blackline Nerfs

stocktires
12-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Did anyone have fitment issues with the AC Blacklines?

Not the general bend it a tad to fit right like normal. It seems the pegs are raked towards the rear of the quad a good bit, like you would lean way back. Is this normal or just a really bad fitment?

I want the pegs level, but then I would have to twist the nerfs or bend the side of the nerfs alot. That seems really bad to do strength wise.

Any idea?

Drewltr450
12-25-2007, 07:54 PM
mine were a pain in the *** front were to 2 tubes slide together they were bent back towrd the bac of the quad i had to put a rope around the 2 toobs and twist a hammer around the frae with the roae on the hammer to bend the pipe for a little then when i got everything bolted on i let the rope off.

tar
12-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I always hear of people having hard times but mine mounted up exactly like they should..

stocktires
12-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Drewltr450
mine were a pain in the *** front were to 2 tubes slide together they were bent back towrd the bac of the quad i had to put a rope around the 2 toobs and twist a hammer around the frae with the roae on the hammer to bend the pipe for a little then when i got everything bolted on i let the rope off.

Yeah, I have to do that too, but the pegs being angled really messes me up. Did you notice if your pegs where perfectly level?

300ex_#387
12-27-2007, 07:24 AM
These are the tools I use to put mine AC blackline nerfbars on:

3/8 socket
10mm socket
Ratchet
Allen Wrench......
Wood Block
Sledge Hammer
Tie strap
Cheater pipe to bend the mount :)

I have come to figure out these are the only tools you need to put ANY AC product on. But once there on I do like them.

My pegs are level, but I had a hard time getting my front mount to line up.

300ex mxracer
12-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Mine were a pain in the butt to install too. Now the steel tubes are bending down. I ordered some new ones but after waiting a month and repeated calls, they told me they were never ordered.:grr: I told them not to reorder them and am going to order some rath nerfs pretty quick.

stumpleg
12-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Be sure to leave everything loose until you have all the bolts and stuff lined up. Don't tighten anything up until the end. I ran into the problem it sounds like you are having. Found if you just barely put stuff in and line it up, it works a lot better.

tar
12-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by stumpleg
Be sure to leave everything loose until you have all the bolts and stuff lined up. Don't tighten anything up until the end. I ran into the problem it sounds like you are having. Found if you just barely put stuff in and line it up, it works a lot better.

That is exactly what I did!

stocktires
12-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
My pegs are level, but I had a hard time getting my front mount to line up.

This is my problem guys, not the front tube. I've mounted AC nerfs a bunch and the usual bending isn't my problem (front tube).
The pegs not being level when mounted is my problem...

12-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I wonder why AC makes their stuff so hard to get on. Great products but come on here things should line up perfectly with out any ghetto riggin it

MXQuadRacer21
12-30-2007, 07:06 PM
I had ac blackline pegs on mine quad, they didn't line up at all..I have them for 2 1/2 months I'd say then I bent them....Now I have Rath Nerf Bars W/ Net Heelguards which I didn't have any problem with installing them..:)

01-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I heard that they were hard to put on, but my friends went on fairly easy he said on his z400.

400exrider707
01-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the world of AC racing products. Every time I buy an AC product, and try to install it, I always tell myself I'll never do it again, but for some reason I still seem to buy their stuff... I guess cause it just looks so good.

ohsobad_chevy
01-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Mine were a little stubborn to mount up, but I really like them better than any others I've rode. :blah:

hornetgod13
01-08-2008, 01:01 AM
I own a set of AC Pro Peg Nerfs and they were a living hell to install. They did not fit right and the installation instuctions were worthless. I had to bend them significanly just to get them to fit. After I spent 3 hours to get them on, I was so pissed that I sent AC a nasty e-mail to let them know how unhappy I was. They look great and function well once installed but, it was ridiculous trying to put them on.

Here's the actual e-mail I sent to AC. I got no resonse back, go figure.

AC Racing,
I own a Honda TRX400EX. I recently purchased a set of your Black Line Pro Peg Nerf Bars from a local dealer. I was excited when they arrived. They looked great and I was eager to install them. Being an aircraft mechanic for 18 years I figured this would be an easy task. I had all the required tools and plenty of time. Once I started installing the nerfs I discover the instructions were difficult to follow and the black and white photos where impossible to see clearly. To make matters worse I discovered that the Nerfs were near impossible to line up. I challenge you to fit a pair of the same nerfs I purchased on another 400EX and you'll see the frustration I had to deal with. It took 2 men and pry bars to get them to fit. Once installed they look fantastic but, to get them on was pure hell.
I strongly recommend better instructions (quad specific) with clear photos and properly fitting Nerfs. I wouldn't recommend your product to another rider unless changes are made.

ohsobad_chevy
01-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Pic of mine, mounted up.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/ohsobad_chevy/DSC00305.jpg

I like them real well. :)

54warrior
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I bought an AC skid plate years ago...it was junk and it didn't line up either. I will not buy from them again.

^^^I'm sure you probably didn't get a response to your letter did you, hornetgod13???

hornetgod13
01-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
I'm sure you probably didn't get a response to your letter did you, hornetgod13???

No, I didn't. I wonder why??? :rolleyes: I doubt they will even admit they have a problem. I installed mine loosely at first and they still didn't come close to fitting. I had to take them off and bend the crap out of them to get them close enough to pry bar into place with another guy helping. I even stripped out the forward engine mounting bracket nuts trying to get the forward bolts to align and start threading. Pure hell! Once they are finally installed, they look good and are indestructable but, putting them on is ridiculous! :mad:

ohsobad_chevy
01-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
No, I didn't. I wonder why??? :rolleyes: I doubt they will even admit they have a problem. I installed mine loosely at first and they still didn't come close to fitting. I had to take them off and bend the crap out of them to get them close enough to pry bar into place with another guy helping. I even stripped out the forward engine mounting braket nuts trying to get the forward bolts to align and start threading. Pure hell! Once they are finally installed, they look good and are indestructable but, putting them on is ridiculous! :mad:

My nerfs were a little bit off and were kind of stubborn, but they weren't really all that bad. I also have an AC grab bar and it lined up great, but then again, it wouldn't be hard to get the 4 holes right.