PDA

View Full Version : 400ex problem

fast2007
12-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Just redid the motor and my 3yr old lost my key and so i hotwired it ,but I have no fire on the coil and the head light doesn't light up either nay help would be greatly appreciated..I hook a wire from the Positive on the battery and then hooked it to the positive on the coil and as soon as i put the wires togther to hot wire it,to see if it would send fire to the coil and start , the coil went up in smoke..:mad: any idea's???

JOEX
12-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by fast2007
Just redid the motor and my 3yr old lost my key and so i hotwired it ,but I have no fire on the coil and the head light doesn't light up either nay help would be greatly appreciated..I hook a wire from the Positive on the battery and then hooked it to the positive on the coil and as soon as i put the wires togther to hot wire it,to see if it would send fire to the coil and start , the coil went up in smoke..:mad: any idea's???
Fuse? If that blew there is probably another problem.....

fast2007
12-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Fuse hasn't blown

T.Hopp
12-26-2007, 12:33 PM
If your neutral light fails to light also, Tighten the sub frame bolts or loosen then retighten. I had starting problems and it was a bad ground through the frame. Maybe stator wires got damaged?

fast2007
12-26-2007, 12:53 PM
lights on and motor spins.I dont see how i hurt the stator all i did was putin piston,etc..

josh31
12-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I'd make sure that the fuse is good. When you hot wire it, jump across the starter solenoid to enguage the starter. Before you do that, take a jumper wire and jump the connector, wiring harness side, where the key switch plugs in at--the wiring needs to be a complete circuit inorder for the current to flow. If you have no key in it--the key switch is in the off position and it won't start. hope this helps.