PDA

View Full Version : ATV Vs. MX Untamed official tread

DVXracer
12-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Well.. i got this game as a christmas present, but jeez, all the computers drive like animals.:ermm: And the LTR doesnt have center exhaust. :( For the plus side, i like the good graphics of the game and the customization...What are your thoughts about this game?

12-25-2007, 10:19 AM
did u get it for ps3 or xbox?

KXRida
12-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I got it for PS2 and I'm not overly impressed. I'll probably be getting it for 360 soon. Yah the computers race like they're out for blood and want to kill you.

Sjorge450R
12-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
I got it for PS2 and I'm not overly impressed. I'll probably be getting it for 360 soon. Yah the computers race like they're out for blood and want to kill you.

yea i rented it for ps2 yesterday and i do not like it at all. I rented that and NFS Prostreet. NFS is soooo much better.

CRich[814]
12-25-2007, 10:56 AM
hows the music like compared to unleashed? can you kick and punch the computers off their bikes?

i wish i was cool enough to make an official thread:(

Ruby Soho
12-25-2007, 11:05 AM
the soundtrack is awesome imo.

im very impressed with the 360 version.

all the mods you can do are name brand parts, they look real, the quads look real, they sound real, the graphics are great.

the computers SUCK on easy though, my first try on the game i beat them with a 30 second lead, and i didn't know what i was doing.:confused:

overall its great

BlaineKaiser450
12-25-2007, 11:24 AM
its ok for ps2. Its fun but not customizable and such. Eventually ill get a ps3 and ill get it for that also

12-25-2007, 11:32 AM
does anyone have any feedback for it on ps3?
Real quads?
Hows the ridding feel like?
what kind of mods can u do?
and overall feedback i played the demo and its ok but its just a demo so i didnt expect it to be great. I played the skate demo and the demo is freaking awesome I dont even like skating and that game cought my intrest.

Warnerade
12-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I thin your a bit late on making a thread for it?

exrider272
12-25-2007, 04:14 PM
i got it last night.. for xbox and all i gota say is wow.... its so real

m.h.s.c.#527
12-25-2007, 04:41 PM
i thought it was Mx Vs. Atv untamed

Exrider434
12-25-2007, 05:02 PM
it took a little while to get used to but once i got the hang of it i cant stop playing it:D

mx428
12-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I was in utter disbelief when I heard the sounds coming from the 4 strokes.

Dan_Guetter
12-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Untamed for the PSP has the old Unleashed physics...pretty cool...other than the fact the quads look like ***.

Flyin-Low
12-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Today was my first time playing PS3 and this game..

Well to start, the sounds from the 4 strokes are crap, and kind of annoying. But other than that after some getting used to this game kicks Unleashed's @ss. I think it's awesome, but I do wish it had real quads :(

mineralgrey01gt
12-25-2007, 08:05 PM
i will not buy another one till they put real quads on it. That ruins the game not having them on there IMO

12-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
i will not buy another one till they put real quads on it. That ruins the game not having them on there IMO

agree

Ron89
12-25-2007, 08:22 PM
On ps3, the 2-strokes sound AMAZING. I love how the 125s bog when you hit the gas and eventually get up to speed. It's like riding an actual 125. I didn't really like how all the customizable parts were just to choose your favorite brand and show no benefit at all. The graphics aren't amazing but in certain areas, it looks pretty dang good. Another thing that is kind of annoying is how the quads can't land any descent jumps. If you don't hit it perfectly, you are going to fall, where on a bike, you can land all over the place and correct yourself. By the way, the sound of the monster truck SUCKS :scary:

BlaineKaiser450
12-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
agree

TWISTED DINLI
12-25-2007, 09:48 PM
so which do you guys like better 360 or ps3?

i have the ps2 version and i liked it at first but there is only one quad and you can only change the "pattern" and the color. but now that i am getting farther on the championship its getting dummer as i go. so i WILL be getting a 360 or ps3 and the game really soon.

DVXracer
12-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
By the way, the sound of the monster truck SUCKS :scary:

I noticed that too. :o

gamaster
12-25-2007, 10:54 PM
i got it for ps3 and it kicks *** the mods you can do are cool bc they look exactly alike they still have the pros and some the only thing i recommend doing is changing the controller in settings to the old way its alot better than also who ever has ps3 online leave your online name so we can race

Warnerade
12-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Untamed for the PSP has the old Unleashed physics...pretty cool...other than the fact the quads look like ***. so the game is better for a hand held system than it is for a ps3 or xbox...nice

12-26-2007, 11:00 AM
i have it for the ps3...the physics are the same, i had no problem playing as if it were unleashed...i do hate how when near a computer player, they will all of a sudden ram you...usually when this happens you turn 90 degrees and run off the track, and then you can't get back on causing you to be reset even farther back...

another issue is accepting online invites...i have received a few and tried to accept them instantly...but it brings up a message that "the game session has timed out and is no longer available"

ps3 user: speedyquad

NPelletier
12-26-2007, 11:23 AM
it just pisses me off that THQ decided to take a giant s**t on the ps2 version, its not the worst game in the world, but everything we were promised is basicly a lie on this version and now i know why it was only $40:ermm: i still play it, but i now REALLY want a ps3:ermm:

NPelletier
12-26-2007, 11:27 AM
hmm, wonder how much money i could get for a ps2, and like 100 games:o

jrspawn
12-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I love my ps3 version. The graphics, handling, Everything about it i love. As far as people complaining about not real quads, well they look IDENTICAL to the production quads nowdays, maybe some small differences, but close enough for me. What difference does it make that the name on it isnt a honda, suzuki, kawasaki, or yamaha? You cant blaim the game for that either probably, more than likely the big companies wanted a rediculus amount of money just to put there name in the game, but who knows. Im happy about the game!

speedyquad, if you are getting that messge, the sender either canceled the game/invite, or started the race with someone else. Ive noticed alot online games start Very quick. Doesnt seem like anyone wants to wait for others to join.

My ps3 user is also jrspawn if anyone wants to race online send me an invite.

Thank you
Justin

12-26-2007, 11:50 AM
the invite was from a friend of mine in another state, and it was a private race for just the 2 of us. he waited for 10 minutes while i tried on the one...he received the same message when i created a race and waited for him

jrspawn
12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
the invite was from a friend of mine in another state, and it was a private race for just the 2 of us. he waited for 10 minutes while i tried on the one...he received the same message when i created a race and waited for him

Sounds like a connection hiccup somewheres. it happens.

One thing that does upset me with the online gaming, is some of the others racing. Soemtimes it can be a joke, they just want to either wreck you, or bump as many tuff blocks as they can onto the track. But as of now im just trying to race for good lap times as it can sometimes be about impossible to get around someone that is all over the place!

Thank you
Justin

DVXracer
12-26-2007, 02:58 PM
If anyone wants to play on 360 hit me up// xSIEGxHEILx88

I also play call of duty..

00.400ex#55
12-26-2007, 03:18 PM
just picked it up today for ps3

add me, quadracer55

r-exrider0003
12-26-2007, 03:30 PM
i got untamed for ps3 and i love it. it took a little while of getting used to, because the physics are alot different than unleashed, IMO its basically alot more realistic. i like how you can chose from so many different brands and parts, i also like how good the bikes sound. there are some flaws to it, but im glad i bought it, bc at first after reading some bad reviews from people on here, i thought it'd be crap, but im totally happy with it.

r-exrider0003
12-26-2007, 03:38 PM
oh yea, my online name is Q-SLAUGHTER haa

TWISTED DINLI
12-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
it just pisses me off that THQ decided to take a giant s**t on the ps2 version, its not the worst game in the world, but everything we were promised is basicly a lie on this version and now i know why it was only $40:ermm: i still play it, but i now REALLY want a ps3:ermm:

agreed. same here:ermm:

yfzrider45
12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
The ps2 version is just a HUGE dissapointment....I was expecting to change my plastics out, do motor mods, wear down the tires after a couple races, but all i get to do is put stickers on the quad, And i dont know what the helll kind of quad it is anyway....and it has sutn about patterns!!! WTF is that!! its called a graphic kit! and the rear tires are WAY to thin!!! Does anybody have it for the WII becasue i got that for xmas, and i mite trade in for that!!! Oh and the soundtrack is the only good part!!! mx vs. atv unleashes is WAAY better, actually realy quads, real companiees, and i think all around better for unleashesed....

Thats my opinion tho!

Pvt. Maggot
12-27-2007, 01:58 PM
I got it for 360 yesterday. I like it alot, def like that you can mod the quads, that they don't just keep shifting, and the endurocross is pretty cool too. Sounds arn't the greatest, but can't complain with the game.

NPelletier
12-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Untamed for the PSP has the old Unleashed physics...pretty cool...other than the fact the quads look like ***.

thats an understatement, its pretty sad when Blazin Trails came out like 2 or 3 years ago and looks 100x better than untamed on psp:rolleyes:

all i have to say is wtf was thq thinking putting all this time into the game, to just throw all that away and take a giant S%$t on anything other than the ps3 and 360:ermm: :huh :huh :huh

Scro
12-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I like the version for PS2. But I also don't really care about graphics kits, mods, and all the other fancy stuff. I just play it for the racing.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that it sort of feels like you are floating in the air too much, especially toward the end of a jump...if you pay attention to the background it looks as though you are losing all forward momentum and just falling right before you land.

The graphics are good enough for me. But then again I've never played PS3 or 360 for any length of time to compare it to.

SRH
12-27-2007, 04:46 PM
i played the ps 2 version.....the gameplay is fun, but the graphics dont seem as good as unleashed, did rainbow studios have any involvement in this game? it didnt seem like it , i got a couple questions, can i play any ps 2 game on ps 3? and on the ps 3 version of t his game do the tracks rut up and stuff any cool features to the championship mode on the ps3?

12-27-2007, 05:09 PM
well see the format for ps2 and ps3 is different so its not like they could just put the version for ps3 on a ps2 disk they had to make a completely new game for ps2 so why spend countless hours on the ps2 version when it has become an outdated gaming system (i know alot of people still use them). any way stop complaining.

any way i LOVE mine for ps3 is amazing.

Scro
12-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Something else that I don't like is the fact that the gate drops at the exact same time every race.:ermm:

HondaEXrider22
12-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Anybody find any cheats yet for PS2?

NPelletier
12-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
Anybody find any cheats yet for PS2?

why

Warnerade
12-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Something else that I don't like is the fact that the gate drops at the exact same time every race.:ermm: it was the same way in unleashed online...most people never caught on though....

12-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
it was the same way in unleashed online...most people never caught on though....

BLASPHEMY!

Pvt. Maggot
12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Did anybody see the deer yet? I just watched my brother chase a nice buck on a 250 bike hah. Pretty cool that they added little stuff like that.

Ruby Soho
12-28-2007, 03:54 PM
i like how when you go off track the spectators run away:blah:

12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
Did anybody see the deer yet? I just watched my brother chase a nice buck on a 250 bike hah. Pretty cool that they added little stuff like that. '

haha wheres the deer at? ive only seen a bear, chickens, cows, and a couple horses.

12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
Did anybody see the deer yet? I just watched my brother chase a nice buck on a 250 bike hah. Pretty cool that they added little stuff like that. '

haha wheres the deer at? ive only seen a bear, chickens, cows, and a couple horses.

Sprks450r04
12-28-2007, 09:49 PM
bought it today, nasty i dont have anything else to say accept the 4 strokes sound like shiit

12-28-2007, 09:53 PM
this game is killer for ps3. i give it 11 out of ten lol. The graphics are amazing. I thought the ltr would have a center exhaust too but o well. the tracks are bad arse

NPelletier
12-28-2007, 09:58 PM
my ps2 Id, is

TermJr122

FoxRacing81
12-28-2007, 11:05 PM
I am very dissapointed in the PS2 version.

I don't wanna hear about how much went into the game. At the end of the day, if the user thinks it sucks, it doesn't matter how long it took, it still sucks.

12-29-2007, 06:29 AM
i play for a while on the internet last night and i was pretty disappointed with that...it seemed the atv did not handle as well...then i realized i was on the bike i have set up for supermoto, not for nationals. every time i tried to change it and started another race, i was back on the supermoto bike. i kept getting my arse handed to me since the suspension was not set to take big jumps. i eventually gave up.

i think i am done with this game online...

250x_kyle
12-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by z400rider08
well see the format for ps2 and ps3 is different so its not like they could just put the version for ps3 on a ps2 disk they had to make a completely new game for ps2 so why spend countless hours on the ps2 version when it has become an outdated gaming system (i know alot of people still use them). any way stop complaining.

any way i LOVE mine for ps3 is amazing.

why stop complaining. some of us dont have the money to go blow on a ps3 and hd tv. nor be 17 and have a roll kfx450r. personaly they will never see another dime of my money i rearly play games in the first place and my mom bought it for me for because she thought u could cuztomize it. how can you call it mx vs atv untamed when theres only one ***ING atv in the game.

12-29-2007, 09:46 AM
same with pro-street its ok on ps2 but plain amazing on ps3/xbox360

250x_kyle
12-29-2007, 10:07 AM
id rather play pro street than untamed and i hate nfs games

12-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
id rather play pro street than untamed and i hate nfs games

u must not like cars thats why

250x_kyle
12-29-2007, 10:17 AM
i do love cars but to see me sitting around for more than 15 mins at a time playing a game thats realy uncomon id rather be outside even if it 5 degrees. and if i do play a game its for what i get more enjoyment out of wich is quads

RagunCajun
12-29-2007, 01:01 PM
i just bought this last night for my 360. Can someone tell me if there's a "banshee" or atleast a 2 stroke quad?

I mean hell, there was a 2 stroke off brand in unleashed!

Also, are there other bikes than u can unlock? when u just put in the game, there's the "honda" and 'suzuki" dirtbikes, then there's the "big manufactor" 5 quads or something like that.

IMO, the game is fun. It's an acrade racer so that should tell you goodbye realism. There's no shifting gears, the clutch is pointless(unless im doing something wrong), wheelies are stupid hard and dont seem to handle like real life.

and yeah, the powerband/bogging of the 2 stroke dirtbikes is freakin awesome!

hopefuly there's a banshee in there....

DVXracer
12-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
i just bought this last night for my 360. Can someone tell me if there's a "banshee" or atleast a 2 stroke quad?

I mean hell, there was a 2 stroke off brand in unleashed!

Also, are there other bikes than u can unlock? when u just put in the game, there's the "honda" and 'suzuki" dirtbikes, then there's the "big manufactor" 5 quads or something like that.

IMO, the game is fun. It's an acrade racer so that should tell you goodbye realism. There's no shifting gears, the clutch is pointless(unless im doing something wrong), wheelies are stupid hard and dont seem to handle like real life.

and yeah, the powerband/bogging of the 2 stroke dirtbikes is freakin awesome!

hopefuly there's a banshee in there....

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no 2 smoke quads...

RagunCajun
12-29-2007, 01:43 PM

oj250r
12-31-2007, 03:06 PM
ok i just bought it for the ps3 and im starting to hate it cause i cant figure out how to use the directional buttons instead of the analog cause i suck at it and dont like it...does anybody how i can change so that it is like unleashed........

TWISTED DINLI
12-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by oj250r
ok i just bought it for the ps3 and im starting to hate it cause i cant figure out how to use the directional buttons instead of the analog cause i suck at it and dont like it...does anybody how i can change so that it is like unleashed........

you have to go under like options or game settings, somehting like that. then click on control option

Ruby Soho
12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah whats with the clutch?

unleashed it actually made things better.. in this game it slows you down

oj250r
12-31-2007, 04:18 PM
i tried that and it wouldn't let me do it....i didnt know if there might be a code or something that has to be put i in

chrisrzz1012
12-31-2007, 04:36 PM
I heard the ps-2 version will be disappointing. Does anyone has or knows where can I get the cheats for ATV fury 4 for ps-2.

SWIGIN
01-02-2008, 08:33 AM
this is going to sound out there but i was online the other day ( ps3) and a dude came into my play area waiting room thing and he had a stock looking 88 250r.

my brother saw it too........ maybe its a cheat or something?

TWISTED DINLI
01-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by chrisrzz1012
Does anyone has or knows where can I get the cheats for ATV fury 4 for ps-2.

there isnt a cheat that unlocks everything but heres all the cheats

http://www.gamewinners.com/playstation2/ATVOffroadFury4.htm

jrspawn
01-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by SWIGIN
this is going to sound out there but i was online the other day ( ps3) and a dude came into my play area waiting room thing and he had a stock looking 88 250r.

Ive had a few crazy things happen racing online also. Last one was when i entered a race and the other racer was riding around in front of me before the gate even dropped. Then pretty much he just wrecked me all over the place, BUT the thing was he would come from being 1/4 track behind me and pop up in front of me. Almost Every single tuff block all a sudden came on the track also. Like swigin said, i know it sounds out there, but it happened.

Thank you
Justin

katch26
01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
dont know if its been said or not but the quads are kinda bland riding....I wish you could dive into the motor but not yet. If anyone races on the mx on a 2 stroke dirtbike you have to clutch it in the turns and it will ROCKET out of the corners....like a nitrous burst.

DVXracer
01-02-2008, 10:48 AM

Ive never seen anything weird on the 360 version, but i wouldnt mind having a 250r on there. :eek2:

WhiteYFZ
01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
can you use a custom ATV online.. ps3.? if so, how?

ida400ex
01-02-2008, 05:50 PM
me and my brouther got a wii for christmas. has any one played it on the wii. i looked for it in every store for 3 days and the only place i could find it was toys-r-us and it was sold out.

SWIGIN
01-02-2008, 11:24 PM
why is it that every time i start a race and im kicking butt the other guys always leave after a lap or so.

how do they exspect to get better?

jrspawn
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM
why is it that every time i start a race and im kicking butt the other guys always leave after a lap or so.

how do they exspect to get better?

I hate that also.

Tommy 17
01-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
I hate that also.

haha i stuck with it even thou u kicked my *** yesterday... i suck with a quad i can only do bikes for some reason:ermm:

JForestZ34
01-04-2008, 07:05 AM
I've played this on the 360 and love it but last night I was playing and some guy I was racing against keep saying why I always got second place and why I could slow down for them. But what about the guy in the front I don't complain if the guy was in front of me.. That's part of the game that some people don't understand..

James

r_racer11
01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
has anyone figured out where the ski jumps are in the xbox 360 version??

exrider272
01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
there aint 1

FoxRacing81
01-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Any cheat codes out for this damn game yet?

01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
Any cheat codes out for this damn game yet?

yes, but why would you need one...money is easy enough to get to buy anything you want...

http://cheats.ign.com/

BluBeaSSt
01-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I have it for 360, and the game isnt very eay thats for damn sure, some of the races i get stuck on for some time.

The bikes arnt real, thats the only downside I have to the game, they need licenesing :D

700bRad
01-15-2008, 05:26 PM
The first 3 quads are a 450r, KFX450, and LTR450, but that orange quad looks an awful lot like a KTM 525 xc or 450xc. Could it be?