PDA

View Full Version : toe -in

Glenn Keaton
12-25-2007, 08:37 AM
so how much toe- in is 2 much, i measure the rear of the front tires outside edge 2 outside edge and do the same with the front, i would think with 2 much you would actually plow up the ground, thus causing loss of speed.

Reimer Racing
12-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I try to run Zack's TT and MX bikes at 1/8. Seems to work for him does not dart at high speed.

wvspeedfreak
12-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" usually works well.

mxdad423
12-25-2007, 03:26 PM
We always do our's with an angle finder and a straight edge and toe them in 1 degree, that works reall well.....

www.bakmotorsports.net

cheatermtrsprts
12-25-2007, 05:02 PM
1/8 inch toed out keeps the quad from "darting" and having unpredictable steering. Works for me,My .02

etondaddy
12-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by mxdad423
We always do our's with an angle finder and a straight edge and toe them in 1 degree, that works reall well.....

www.bakmotorsports.net

OK Kevin was it negative four degrees camber and negative three degrees caster and one degree toe in. I may have the three and four mixed up. But I better remember so I can set up the new DC duels on Kyle's Honda. All at ride height of course :huh If I'm not mistaken Brad Loomis was one of the one's that helped me last winter set up Kyle's E-Ton with fully adjustable DC duels.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Caster003.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Caster001.jpg

mxdad423
12-25-2007, 08:14 PM
HA Ha Mike, I was kinda hopin you remembered, I wrote it down somewhere but can't seem to find it. All that I could remember is that I set the toe in 1 degree. Yea your right Brad was the one that gave us the specs, I actually think the toe was supposed to be like 3 degrees in but I only went 1 degree in and it seemed to work great. All I know is that we are going to have to figure it out again because I would say we will probably have all of our stuff within a week or two........

www.bakmotorsports.net

quad1rider
12-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey mike and kev wasnt the lumas quad the one that looked like a bowlegged school girl with stockings...LOL

or was it ???

I remember what lokked to be 2 45 degree front tapers on one this year.. my god what a site.... If you want some chatter you need to do this everyone will be looking for sure!!