PDA

View Full Version : 305 kit with stock cam and pipe/muffler

MY FYN 79
12-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey guys,

How do you all think my 300ex would run with the 11.1 305 kit and the stock cam and stock pipe/muffler? I ask because I like the machine quiet, and even though the hotcam in this package is a stage 1, the cam appears to only have significant gains in the mid-upper RPM range. (Which is great dont get me wrong, but not likely a good match for what I plan to do). If anything I'd just like to see an increase in torque, where I could gear the machine up for a little more speed and not have it chugging all the time at low RPMs like it does now (now being 14-38).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

honda300EXtreme
12-25-2007, 04:06 PM
hey i answered this in a pm,, but let me recap incase i missed anything

anytime you increase your compression and/or your displacement you will see noticeable gains,, especially in bottom end and throttle response,,

and with my experience, the hotcam added alot to bottom end, and allowed the engine to rev much better

and with this engine i think you will be surprised

and if you dont want an aftermarket muffler,, i would atleast get a header as its the most retrictive part of the exhaust on the 300,
i have one forsale, that will work with the stock muffler

MY FYN 79
12-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Sounds logical enough.

Like I mentioned, my main concern would be that I can do these mods and use a little taller tire for clearance, and gear it a bit higher for speed and still have enough torque down low. I dont plan to do this for all out racing.

Knowing that my goals are to just goof around on trails and do stunts etc., this combo including the hotcam still sounds like a good choice?

honda300EXtreme
12-25-2007, 05:41 PM
man, i had this set-up on my bike,, and i loved it,, it had some power now, i was actually really impressed with the power for what it was,,,

and if ya feel like ya need a little more power
go for a quiet aftermarket pipe,, and a 400ex carb,, and it will really rip,,

like i said you wont be dissapointed,,

12-25-2007, 09:49 PM
aftermarket pistons give a very small HP gain but due to how light weight they are compared to stock they make the bike rev quicker and its a noticeable gain. Yeah Hotcam stage 1 I noticed a all around gain. Every rpm seemed like more power than stock and when you add a high compression piston with that cam and a exhaust your motor will run amazing if done right. Also if you bore it out look into a port and polish too. Not saying you have to do all this but it really wakes up the motor