PDA

View Full Version : firewood question

kawiefan
12-24-2007, 09:28 PM
how much are you guys paying for a full cord of wood that is already split. the reason im asking is b/c in the spring im going to start selling it this spring to save up for a car. i googled it and got prices 50 all the way up to 290. i have no idea where to start.

oh BTW MERRY CHRISTMAS

jesseweaver
12-24-2007, 10:00 PM
yea i was wondering the same thing. we just cut down a huge tree in our backyard and im going to sell it.

trx400EXtreme
12-24-2007, 10:09 PM
where we live a cord sells from 60 to 240 depending on who you buy from. id say somewhere in the lower 100's would be a good place to start and then you can go from there based on the prices of it around your area.

d3ktrix
12-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Also depends on the type of wood.

Hope u have a hydraulic splitter, a cord is a lot of freaking wood to split for the amount of money you get for it now a days.

I'd say ur better off cutting grass if u wana make some money.
Faster and easier.

trx400exxracer
12-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Also depends on the type of wood.

Hope u have a hydraulic splitter, a cord is a lot of freaking wood to split for the amount of money you get for it now a days.

I'd say ur better off cutting grass if u wana make some money.
Faster and easier.

detailing cars is a good way and easy way for me to make money!!!!

JOEX
12-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Green or seasoned?

You may get more $$ in the fall if it's well seasoned...

MOFO
12-25-2007, 04:43 AM
I was lazy this year and made the mistake of buying wood... I'll never do that again!

Do me a favor. If you are selling a "full seasoned cord" - make damn sure its a FULL cord that is properly seasoned!

You need to pay attention and understand the difference between a "face cord" and a "full cord". I've seen some places around here sell "face cords" for $90-100 delivered. Its 1/3 the wood compared to a full cord. Make sure you stick with Oak and Cherry. DO NOT sell pine please!

We paid $160 for a FULL SEASONED cord - delivered.

Well, I had the guy come back - after I was done stacking, I was short 1/3 cord. Also we have been burning some of it this past month - its NOT seasoned well at all - still very green.

Time to head to my parents place to get some decent wood this year... :grr:

Pappy
12-25-2007, 07:54 AM
avg around here is $165 delivered

We used to sell firewood when I was growing up, well over 300 cords per fall. It was hard work and I can think of better things to do now for money. Today, if you are serious about wood, you will also want to check into state regulations as the sale of firewood is monitored by the state and if you are caught selling without a permit you will be fined etc.

Most people want the wood delivered as well(I see your wanting $$ for a car) so if you do not have the means to deliver it, you will be last choice for most folks.

kawiefan
12-25-2007, 08:17 AM
i have a splitter and it would be kinda seasoned wood. does it count if its dead on the ground but not rotten. and we would deliver. my cousin did this last year to pay for his first car and he made 2000