PDA

View Full Version : Should I rejet?

Scott-300ex
12-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Ok, so I did a top end, almost got everything back together and stuff.

Now I got it honed pretty big almost to the next bore size, new piston rings, 21cc dome on cool head and a mild port job.

Im running a 155 mian a 45 pilot do you think I should rejet with this? More mixture will be going in but it will be compressed more so I'm just trying to think of this scientificely. I know you all will say plug chops but any ideas for me now.

The ports look great, maybe I should jump up to a 158 or 160.

k265r
12-24-2007, 12:46 PM
what is your elevation?

Aceman
12-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Now I got it honed pretty big almost to the next bore size

Why would you overhone it like that? I think the first thing you need to check is your piston-to-cylinder clearance along with your ring end gap.

Then worry about jetting.

250r4life
12-26-2007, 09:54 AM
i wish there was an icon to just shake your head...

i guess this :huh will have to do for now...

regg187
12-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Wow, That piston is gonna rock in that big hole and break it's skirt off, Hopefully you won't be WOT and lose your cylinder ,too.

since your almost to the next bore, bore it and get a new piston,rings set and have a fresh top end.:eek2:

Aceman
12-26-2007, 02:32 PM
What kills me is the fact Scott believes he's fairly knowledgable with engines and plans to have his own atv shop one day.

But then I read threads like these and have to wonder............WTF?:huh

250r4life
12-26-2007, 04:13 PM
i thought he said he already did have a shop?

i remember him talking about getting business cards made up in the "open" section a month or 2 ago...

i dunno, i guess since his 250r would do 6th gear wheelies and the best i ever did on mine was in 5th, that he must know more than i do... ;)

regg187
12-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i thought he said he already did have a shop?

i remember him talking about getting business cards made up in the "open" section a month or 2 ago...

i dunno, i guess since his 250r would do 6th gear wheelies and the best i ever did on mine was in 5th, that he must know more than i do... ;)

Note to self: pull apart top end and hone the hell out of it, cuz I need 6th gear wheelies, also forget to wear helmet while riding and send all my work to that shop!LOL:chinese:

Scott-300ex
12-30-2007, 12:30 PM
You can't read to well can you. Got it bored to the next size. Got new piston and rings to the next size that my bore is. so its all tight and will have no slap, its all how its supposed to be.

I guess I have to spend time to repeat myself again.

New piston new rings, bored, ported, higher compression head.

Is this hard to understand.

And I asked a question, I didn't get asked for stupid comments.

You are obviously need help cuz you assume stupid stuff and don't read the post.

I got it all back together now and it has 170psi so I'm going to run half race gas.

I'll just figure out if I need to rejet myself.

So thanks a lot guys.

Aceman
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Now I got it honed pretty big almost to the next bore size

You can't read to well can you. Got it bored to the next size.
So which is it? Is it bored or honed for us illiterate folk?

So thanks a lot guys.

Your welcome.:rolleyes:

Next time proofread your own posts before lashing out at everyone, it makes you look even more like an idiot.:ermm:

250r4life
12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
somehow its the rest of the forum who is stupid, and he is the smart one... but yet he is asking us stupid guys questions...

:devil:

im so confused :D

my88r
12-30-2007, 10:35 PM

You are obviously need help cuz you assume stupid stuff and don't read the post.

LOL:p

havinnoj
12-30-2007, 10:47 PM
It's a forum and he's asking for a little help. It's possible he made a typo, lost his train of thought while typing, etc.

Like K265r said, what's your elevation?

Is this a stock carb?

regg187
12-31-2007, 01:39 AM
Now I got it honed pretty big almost to the next bore size, new piston rings

NO, I think I can read just fine!

Those are Your words ,correct?:eek2:

250r4life
12-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by havinnoj
It's possible he made a typo, lost his train of thought while typing, etc.

no... if that were the case than there wouldnt be a problem... the problem lies in that he likes to run his mouth like he knows something, when in actuality his knowledge is pretty limited...

furthermore, when he is called out for something he cant admit a mistake or that he is wrong... such is the case here- by his own admission he honed it ALMOST (that being the key word here) to the NEXT BORE size... he didnt bore it to the next bore size, he HONED it ALMOST to the NEXT BORE size...
kinda like how he maintains that he did a 6th gear wheelie on his bike ONCE...