PDA

View Full Version : Dist. 17 Mini Quads LOOK!

wolfpack91
12-24-2007, 10:49 AM
In case you dist. 17 mini quad riders haven't got your new aps or didn't notice, there are BIG changes.
The class is now 49cc-90cc 8-15
I emailed Garhard and asked about the age thing and their are staying with that even though the ATVA says 4-7 year old fit the 49-70cc part of the class. Also, I asked about the four strokes being allowed to be 125 and he wasn't sure. So if you have a big bore trx or a Typhoon you might want to be voicing you opposition on this.

mac75
12-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I was at sanctioning for d-17 and i was there when the change was voted on.. I didn't pay attention to the age and cc's all i knew was they would be combinning class... The turn out has been pour for alot of tracks to have 50cc, 70cc and 90cc. I will call gerhard after the holidays and talk to him to get the age and cc clarified...
D-17 has been suffering from very low quad turn out at alot of places in mx and hs. Some promotors where from what I was told considering dropping some atvs... remember that the only points paying class will be the 90cc class, the promotor can ad whatever classes he wants... that means if byron feels they have enough riders to run all the class they can....
Also you can contact your d-17 atv congressmen.. he is on this site as Kev. or you can go to midwest atvers and gerhard and kev are on that site often

wolfpack91
12-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Like I told Garhard, I totally understand the reasoning due to the low turn out. But the age and cc limits are all screwed up. It's gotta be 4-15 if it's 49-90cc's. But they also have to allow 125 4strokes because those are the AMA/ATVA rules.

yfz450xc
12-25-2007, 06:03 AM
I was a officer for our district 18 atv side and a officer for our club here in western Illinois until recently, the problem I had was the continous fight for atv's against Bike riders in the district and even non district. even recently the Missourri h/s series voted to kick out atv's whichh have been a part of that series for over 20 years and they have to start from scratch again.
The riders really need to press their cause to the promoters and help try to promote for them as well other wise they will continue to make smaller events for them.
We are going to the Iowa series because their youth races are large with great turn out's.
Everyone is going where the show is now and more compition.
Sad but true :confused:
Scott

wolfpack91
12-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Well we now have a promotor in our area that will pull for quads now. Casey (Lincoln Trail) just sold and the new owner's son is a quad racer. :D

mac75
12-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Casey has been having great turn out for quads for some time... Both hs and mx.. But there mini numbers have been very low also.. They were at the same meeting i was and heard the same rule change...

dion
12-25-2007, 10:10 PM
well if it was up to mr ward we wouldnt even run mini quads in dist 17 i think he could care less also now kids under 8
will not be able to race WAY TO PROMOTE THE SPORT!!!!!
and as per ama rules its 71-90 cc 2stroke and 75-125 cc
four stroke the 4 strokes have always been alowed the
over size and yes the numbers are low but when you get several tracks running at the same time thats whats going to happen
plus some kids are gone to the nationals to race and with the cost of fuel and everything some people cant afford to drive 2-3 hrs to race

mac75
12-26-2007, 10:04 PM
I dont want to argue with anyone but you are wrong about wardy... I just yesterday got a call from him abotu his hs series and the mini quad turn out.. He will also tell you that he knows d-17 is predominitly bike district and he asks me and many other quad riders for input often... Remember that these are promotors putting on races for our kids not clubs primarily... they cant loose money our they cant put on races..
wardy also tried puttting on quad only events at his park but could not get a turn out to keep his events going... he also runs megacross which runs quads 14+ times a year..
Before you condeem someone about promoting the sport, have you joined a club or offered to help a promotor further your sport for your son....

kgmtech
12-27-2007, 09:48 AM
So it is my understanding that district 17 will only have 1 mini quad class and this is a 8-15 age class? Anyone know if Taylorville is still going to have a 50 mini quad class for the 4-8 year olds?

wolfpack91
12-27-2007, 01:58 PM
I agree, let's NOT start pointing fingers on who's "fault" this is. It was proposed and voted on, 1 person didn't make the change alone.
As for Taylorville and their classes? Wardy told me any track can run any "track" class they want, but points are for the dist. class only.
It really sucks that they MAKE us pay for a dist. card for when there isn't a points paying class to ride.

Kev
12-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Turn out is the biggest issue I see at all the tracks for mini quads. There has to be a commitment and turn out for things to change. The supply and demand theory is working here. Each track/promoter can add a class if it calls for it.

This is a similiar issue to what the full size quads delt with a few years back. The full size quads use to run a single class in Harescrambles when it came to points, but each promoter offered individual classes for there own series. As the turn outs were bigger the classes were change from a single quad points class to a A, B & +35 classes and then even have gone to what it is today A, B, C & +35.

These promoters do a lot of for both bikes and quads, and I have to take my hat off to them for the challenges they face to keep everyone happy.

Kev

wolfpack91
12-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Kev, you are correct about the big quads being one class in Hs and Mx just a few years back. I was the District HS Champion in 2000 and it was just Quad, no A,B,c or +35. We had a 2 and 4 stroke class at Casey but went with the overall for points.

But back to the whole point of all this. The age and 4 stroke cc limits are not in line with the ATVA rules.

guy310
12-29-2007, 06:58 AM
I'll take Ward seriously when he stops monopolizing the Stadium series in Dist. 17. I guess when you are an officer you can make sure no other track is scheduled for the same nights you have races, and that 3 tracks have to fight for riders on the opposite Saturday nights. When you look at the schedule, notice how Joliet and StatelineMX always have the same scheduled dates and Mendota never has to compete for riders on the ooposing Saturdays because they are the only game in the state when they run. That guy is a scammer and douchebag, if he was concerned about this issue he would do what was fair and correct, not what is good for Megacross only.