PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake to low.....08

quadgod440ex
12-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Well took my 08 out for alittle brake in period. It seems like when im really gettin into it and coming hard to a corner i cant reach the brake pedal. Or should i say i can reach it but the adjustment goes down to far until it stops.I stopped and adjusted the pedal all the way up but still doesnt fit me. I didnt have this problem on the 05. Is there something i can do like a spacer or something to raise the pedal higher. I know its not a problem like air or the caliper because when im riding and actually can reach it the brakes do lock up . But like if im leaning real hard it just seems like the pedal is not high enough for me. Is there anything i can do for this? Its all the way adjusted up.

Thanks
Steve newcomb

bloodmoney23
12-23-2007, 04:43 PM
well you could get an aftermarket pegs set which will lower your pegs approx. 1 in. other than that......im not sure if there is a fix for that other than bending the brake pedal or welding on to it.

04exking
12-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I have the same problem with my '08 but I just push the brake allthe way down and it works. It is a little uncomfortable at first but it feels normal now.

quadgod440ex
12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I was reading that Baldwin makes an adjustable pedal but i cannot find anything on it. The problem isnt the brakes not working its that i cant reach the pedal enough to push it all the way down when coming hard into a turn and already leaning... I gotta figure something out.

Dave400ex
12-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Here's the Baldwin product your thinking of. http://www.lakecityhonda.com/eshopprod_cat_3474-21422-32070_product_420124_keyword_baldwin.BALDWIN_MOTOR SPORTS_BRAKE_PEDA.htm

12-24-2007, 09:04 AM
You can adjust the height of the rear pedal from the rear master cyl. Just take off the rod from the pedal and loosen the jamb nut. Then turn the u shaped thing that the pedal hooks to so it comes out farther. This will raise the pedal up.