PDA

View Full Version : Spacers or new a-arms?

sn0wrider
12-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Im thinking about getting a new front end, but contemplating new a-arms or just use the stockers and get spacers. I was thinking revalved 450r shocks and new a-arms, but im on a tight budget. I hate the stock front shocks, they suck dick. Is it worth it to get spacers and just use the 450r shocks? Or is there anyway to get my front end wider for CHEAP? Im tight for money right now so I cant completely go all out yet. Thanks

honda8&3
12-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Get new a arms. In the long run theyll be stronger and will make a nice ride IMO:cool:

F-16Guy
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Spacers will widen your front end, but they will also add a lot of feedback to the handlebars (bars jerk when one wheel hits a bump). They will not, however, add leverage to the front suspension, so the quality of the ride won't improve. The only place they add leverage is to the ball joints and wheel bearings, and that's not a good thing. They are a bandaid fix for stability; you're much better off saving up for a decent set of used arms if money is an issue.

Billy B4
12-23-2007, 05:05 PM
i have wheel spacers on my front for now until A) im a better rider and its worth spending the money and B) I have the large amount of money A-arms and new shocks run. I really do like them and they work well for now but in the long run def go with new a arms and shocks. As someone said, wheel spacers def do cause more bumps and vibration to be placed on the handlebars, and in turn on you.

bens250ex
12-23-2007, 05:37 PM
i got a set of +2 a-arms for sale cheap. they need the bushings for the bottom and top and you will need +2 tie rods. they are in nice shape. lookin to sell cheap asap. let me know

Honda#4
12-23-2007, 05:43 PM
You'll be happier with A-arms.