PDA

View Full Version : How-To install ASV's on a elecrtic start YFZ450

yfzrider45
12-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Alright, usually you cant buy them that fit yfz(elec. start) becasue there is the problem where you have to pull in the clutch in order for the battery to be activated and to push the start button for it to start!...I ordered ASV's brake and clutch lever thinkin that its a bunch of BS.....but it wasnt......So I'll take you step by step what i did in order to install them!!

1. Powerwash the whole bike so it would be clean, and help when i adjust the clutch cable from near te header...

2. Look at all the things you'll be needing to take off and what tools you'll be needing..(screwdriver's/sockets, nothing special)

3. Start with the removal of the brake lever first. ( This is the most easy thing you'll ever do!)

4. Install the ASV brake lever (Like i said....WAY TO EASY)

5. Remove the clutch lever

6. When doing so since its attached to a cable you'll have to fish the lever out of the cable...(wich isnt too hard)

7. After gettin the lever off you'll see a bunch of wires hanging...(Dont get too overwhelmed!!)

8. The two wires that are going into you kill switch thing through the side are the ones your going to want to cut out with wire cutters/kinfe/whatever you desire..

9. You are going to want to cross these wires very tight and make sure they never come apart....Wrap electical tape around them and leave them hangin for now...

10. Go back and install the ASV clutch lever....you'll have to fish it into the lever and then bolt the lever on...(very easy)

11. Alright, your going to obviously have to adjust later on so dont get to fustrated that you cant adjust from the bars yet...

12. Once you've got everything on and you'll see that you'll have one ugly wire hanging there, hold that ugly wire up to the killswich cable wire and wrap it up with electrical tape...nobody will ever know its there and it will never bother you again....

13. Once you've done that press the start button without holding in the clutch lever!! And use the killswitch to shut it off....If thats good so far then you may procede in instuctions....(If not go back and look what you missed out on :devil: )

14. Alright, since you have a new lever on there you'll have to adjust from where the header is...It is becasue its too loose and you cant have that adjustment to ride!! So go to the right side of the bike where the head comes out and look at a wire above that wich looks like a barrel ( its silver (metal) and you can twist it....

15. Twist it so that the cable is getting tighter....you can twist it anyway you want so you'll just have to play with it until your cable uptop is pretty snug....

16. Go up on your handlebars again and now you can adjust the cable from up there!!! Adjust however you'd like, or you can even bring it to a shop to get a perfect adjustment

17. ENJOY YOUR MODIFICATION!!!! Not many people have ASV's on there electric start yfz450.....

Merry christmas ATVRIDER MEMBERS !!!!!

Jonny

pro-rider46
12-23-2007, 10:33 AM
nice write up!

yfzrider45
01-01-2008, 10:25 AM
thanks bro!