PDA

View Full Version : Wow! DRG Head work

450R_lover
12-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, I finally got my motor back together and on the bike. All I have to say is, WOW! I had Chad work his magic by doing his SSAR porting, +1 mm Exhaust valves and new Kibblewhite valves and springs all around. The bike also has a JE 13:1 piston, 40mm CRF FCR carb, Hotcam stage 2, and Nmotion exhaust. I had all of these things before I sent my head to Chad. Comparing the differences of before and after the headwork the power comes on earlier and stronger for sure. It seems like that at about half throttle now is what it felt like at full throttle before. Pretty mean work if you ask me. I recommend everyone drop the coin on this mod! :macho
P.S. Thanks Chad

quadgod440ex
12-23-2007, 02:42 PM
How was the turn around time and what price range are we talkin?

MR.BIG
12-23-2007, 04:08 PM
I had my motor done by DRG as well and my bike climbs all of the biggest hills at trevorton without an issue. I hope to be able to get his piston and carb mod before riding season starts. He does an excellent job!:macho

GIXXER1KR
12-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Im gonna be sending him my whole motor.Port and polish,taper bore carb,cam,valves and springs,+1mm valves and his piston...Hope its all its made out to be.He seems real cool.I spoke to him for over an hour.Im looking forward to it!!!!

chad502ex
12-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Ya know,... its really you all whom are the kewl ones...

seriously,...

anyway,... again I really do feel honored to be able to help you guys out maximizing your hard earned dollar with building your engine......

Garrett,... I'm real happy that you love it... after flow testing it I knew you would be freak'n happy,... glad to read you are,... :macho let me know if there is anything else...

Alan,... I've really appreciated how you've shown your buddies the potential of your monster roosting those climbs in PA.... I've been climbing those killer hills for years and know what it takes to dominate them.... your next phase should have you starting at the base stopped, then letting off about half way up just because you can accelerate the hill whenever you want.... :D You'll love the next phase for sure... I'll be updating your cylinder head too!!!

Gixxer... our converstation was kewl! Let me know after the new year when,... ok? I've got one I'm real close finishing and another next on bench I must get done... these two have been real flexible with me over the holidays which I really really appreciate...

Thanks to all, and Happy Holidays.

bloodmoney23
12-24-2007, 07:49 AM
well this next off season (i believe that our last race will be nov 4 08) I am sending my whole engine to Chad and if it is a very impressive build and I really like it, im going to add a $500.00 x-mas bonus to the cost. Yeah its a year from now but hey its something to look forward too....that means yeah im gonna have you do it Chad. I just have to start my own little savings that the wife don't know about....lol.

chad502ex
12-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
well this next off season (i believe that our last race will be nov 4 08) I am sending my whole engine to Chad and if it is a very impressive build and I really like it, im going to add a $500.00 x-mas bonus to the cost. Yeah its a year from now but hey its something to look forward too....that means yeah im gonna have you do it Chad. I just have to start my own little savings that the wife don't know about....lol.

that is really great to hear.

Something to work forward too.... maybe being that your working hard toward something great, I can help you with getting you get there sooner by offering some discounts with your build,.... we'll talk soon...

czrider263
12-24-2007, 08:30 AM
:macho can't wait to get mine back and ride the monster :macho

bloodmoney23
12-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
that is really great to hear.

Something to work forward too.... maybe being that your working hard toward something great, I can help you with getting you get there sooner by offering some discounts with your build,.... we'll talk soon...

i'll give you a call as soon as the holidays are past. that way we can talk ear to ear instead of the emailing thing.

BlaineKaiser450
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Im sending Chad my motor as soon as ive saved up enough for it and after i get a rear end.