PDA

View Full Version : lmfao...another dealership story

dirtbike&quad
12-23-2007, 06:37 AM
so my friend got a new 250ex and they get the free monthly check up or whatever. well he goes in with his quad and he got a flat tire like last week from hitting a couple rocks and told the dealership that hes geting new tires. well they say to him, "dont get any aftermarket tires, anything different then these could mess up your clutch. if they are wider or taller then the stock tires then you could mess up your gearing. just buy the stock tires over again and put them on"

:huh

Ruby Soho
12-23-2007, 07:20 AM
wow, i dont know what to say to that one:huh

honda8&3
12-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
wow, i dont know what to say to that one:huh

X2 What cheap jerks lol

yellow400ex05
12-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
so my friend got a new 250ex and they get the free monthly check up or whatever. well he goes in with his quad and he got a flat tire like last week from hitting a couple rocks and told the dealership that hes geting new tires. well they say to him, "dont get any aftermarket tires, anything different then these could mess up your clutch. if they are wider or taller then the stock tires then you could mess up your gearing. just buy the stock tires over again and put them on"

what dealer was this at?

1fastR
12-23-2007, 08:02 AM
the dealer was right, a taller tire would affect your gearing. just like a smaller tire would also. you put to wide and heavy of a tire on a little 250 and a stock clutch over time it might wear out.

taller tire=slow take of faster top speed
smaller tire=faster take of lower top speed

Ruby Soho
12-23-2007, 08:05 AM
aftermarket tires come in stock sizes though.. the dealer said not to buy anything aftermarket

12-23-2007, 08:11 AM
pompton honda?

katch26
12-23-2007, 08:43 AM
the profit margin is probably higher on the OEM stuff. and thats the real reason.

BlaineKaiser450
12-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 1fastR
the dealer was right, a taller tire would affect your gearing. just like a smaller tire would also. you put to wide and heavy of a tire on a little 250 and a stock clutch over time it might wear out.

taller tire=slow take of faster top speed
smaller tire=faster take of lower top speed i was planning on throwing my 20in razrs on my moms so i could put some mx tires on. so this will eventually wear out the clutch?

honda8&3
12-23-2007, 10:02 AM
No stock sizes wouldn't wear your clutch out. If you get a larger size such as 22" then it will wear your clutch out depending on how you ride your quad.;)

nick249420
12-23-2007, 10:12 AM
i hate dealer ships

i took mine in and left it there to have the piston changed

i left it for a week because i went on vacation i come back and its done
i start it up .. and it was runnin funny
and did not sound the same

i said somthing to them about it and they said " o well you have a brand new piston so its going to do that for a while"

so i take it home and im riding it and it feels like a big power loss
i keep riding so its about a week and its still runnin kinda crapy and doesnt sound the same

i ended up tearing it down and come to find out they took my stage 2 hot cam out and put a stocker in

i went up to the dealer ship and told them about it and they said " o ya i forgot the cam you had in there is shot"

well how could this be if i just put it in a week before the dealership had it

well i blew up on them and told them i wanna see the cam and after 15 minutes of yelling they bring it out and its just fine ..i was like "....SHOT HUH"

so i told them i would never come back ever again after that then they gave me my money back for what i had them do

honda8&3
12-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by nick249420
i hate dealer ships

i took mine in and left it there to have the piston changed

i left it for a week because i went on vacation i come back and its done
i start it up .. and it was runnin funny
and did not sound the same

i said somthing to them about it and they said " o well you have a brand new piston so its going to do that for a while"

so i take it home and im riding it and it feels like a big power loss
i keep riding so its about a week and its still runnin kinda crapy and doesnt sound the same

i ended up tearing it down and come to find out they took my stage 2 hot cam out and put a stocker in

i went up to the dealer ship and told them about it and they said " o ya i forgot the cam you had in there is shot"

well how could this be if i just put it in a week before the dealership had it

well i blew up on them and told them i wanna see the cam and after 15 minutes of yelling they bring it out and its just fine ..i was like "....SHOT HUH"

so i told them i would never come back ever again after that then they gave me my money back for what i had them do

I would've hit the guy who did it and the one who was saying it lol:devil: :macho

csr250r
12-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Haha wow i guess im not the only person who dealerships decided to skrew over.

Back when i had my blaster i blew it up (i had a 240 head on it) so i take it to the dealership, they tell me it was bad and quoted me 5-6 hundred bucks so i tell em i understand, well a month goes by i call to check up on it.... they havnt even started... 3 months well they just took it apart but they were busy before... i am patient so i tell them to keep me updated. well i call back a week later they got the parts they should have it done by next friday. so im like sweet bout damn time. i call friday.. they blew up my brand new piston:eek: ... "testriding" well now i am pissed for sure 3 months later its all done i go to pay, 986 bucks...:huh im like what happen to 5-6??

so he tells me that they had alot of aluminum to get out of cylinder orignally. i ask him if this has anything to do with them blowing it up... he told me they covered that. B.S. thats why i got charged 400 bucks extra.... keep in mind that i am 13 at this time that was alot of money outa my pocket. *******s i know they skrewed me and charged me for them blowing it up.

StrongRacing43
12-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow. I would honestly backhand any of those stealerships.

Waddell
12-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Well I went the other day to order some ball joints for a set of a-arms I just bought and when the guy went to look them up he had to ask me if it was for a fourwheeler or dirtbike:ermm:

If you can figure that one out let me know because I still trying to

I ended up having to find them my self

honda8&3
12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Wow now thats gotta be one of the dumbest responses I've ever heard from a so called "professional" lol! He deserves to be fired lol

http://blogs.ipswitch.com/archives/You're%20Fired.jpg

quadwanter
12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
I went to my dealership a while ago to see if my warrenty was still active, he asked me the mods of my bike, i just told him HRC kit and his response before i could say anything else was, "well it doesnt matter if you still have time on your warrenty, the HRC kit voids it." I told him that his dealership installed it so it wouldnt void it. "No it still voids it." I was pretty pissed, good thing i didnt actually need to use my warrenty for anything.

lmao how do these people get a job they know nothing about?

honda8&3
12-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by quadwanter
I went to my dealership a while ago to see if my warrenty was still active, he asked me the mods of my bike, i just told him HRC kit and his response before i could say anything else was, "well it doesnt matter if you still have time on your warrenty, the HRC kit voids it." I told him that his dealership installed it so it wouldnt void it. "No it still voids it." I was pretty pissed, good thing i didnt actually need to use my warrenty for anything.

lmao how do these people get a job they know nothing about?

lol lmao... I'd like to see one of them question a pro like bird, or ballance lol:eek: :devil: :p

416exfreak
12-23-2007, 04:24 PM
After finding out that my dealer doesnt even keep brake pads for a 400ex in stock, I decided against ever going there for anything.

I do all my own work anyways. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and pride.:)

Sjorge450R
12-23-2007, 04:27 PM
i will NEVER take my quad back to the dealership. When i bought my R, the guy that brought it around front thought he would try to show me how to ride a quad. Noob spins my brand new tires on the pavment with my brand new quad and almost flips it over on its side. I flipped a chit on him for like 5 min. Never again will i take my quad there or and dealer, even though i never did let dealers do work on my stuff. Mainly, because if i am at a race and something bad happens, I only have myself to blame.

nick249420
12-23-2007, 04:53 PM
^^
that guy would have a bran new R up his @$$

reconmaster
12-23-2007, 05:27 PM
well when i was sponsored bya local honda dealer in 05 when i made my racxe order it took a month for numbers, handlebars, and grips to get in and 2 for my white brothers pipe and kenda klaw tires to get in. when ever i ordered stuff it would take a week or 2 to get in sometimes when they 1st sponsored me. when i needed to get my tether cord installed they couldn't figure it and well it ended my mechanic figuring out i needed a backwards relay to get it to work and till he opened his business this summer he was workin in his parents agarage so....i stated my opinnion and lost there sposnorship but also i was told by a friend they were only sponsoring guys who brought home trophies:rolleyes: i broke a head bolt and needed a new one i go to order one and we were lookin on the microphsice the guy stopped lookin and went onto the next customer so well i kept my mouth shut... as far as the rest of the staff goes they were pretty good and outside of it bein the local honda dealer there was only 3 guys that made me want to go there... after i got hurt they did help with my fundraiser but none of them bothered to call or anything to see how i was doing and well there shop is not wheelchair accessable like a really steep ramp out back and steps out front...
well the former yamaha dealer was really good to me whenever i got stuff even after i got hurtr my friend came in and visited me and what not my only issue with them before they closed down was when i ordered factory stuff they said be there max of 5 days 2 weeks later i would calla and they would be like oh its been sittin here for the past week..
i find the dealers that are a hour past or further treat me better than the local dealers do

pro-rider46
12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
my R was sputtering real bad, and i took it to the dealership and they had it for a month and still didnt get it to run right, and it ran even worse and my headlight didnt work also. oh well, i just dont associate with them anymore

12-23-2007, 08:26 PM
my dealership/sponsor its pretty ballin. they dont work on my stuff bc it's easier to do it myself. But they have almost everything instock.Like what dealer has a solinoid, or a headgasket for a yfz in stock. Most dealers dont have shiza in stock. So I was amazed they had those random parts in stock, and when they dont they get parts real quick. and I get em maddddddd cheap or free

12-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
my dealership/sponsor its pretty ballin. they dont work on my stuff bc it's easier to do it myself. But they have almost everything instock.Like what dealer has a solinoid, or a headgasket for a yfz in stock. Most dealers dont have shiza in stock. So I was amazed they had those random parts in stock, and when they dont they get parts real quick. and I get em maddddddd cheap or free

yea but u gotta drive like 50 miles to get any parts