PDA

View Full Version : No dealership is EVER touching my quad again..

Flyin-Low
12-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Well this is how the story goes.

I finally took my 450er in last week on Wednesday to have the starter gear recall done, and I had to put a new battery in about 10 mins before I took it there because mine was dinked... So when I got there I told the guy all about the quad, like how my key is by the steering stem kinda under the hood (not easily visible but still accessible), and the right rear tire had a slow leak and for them to please fix that.

I get a call yesterday and the mechanic told me they had the recall done but my solenoid was shot and he'll order up a new one, and that it's 85 bucks?! So I'm a bit suspicious as to how it could be perfect when I took it in and be junk now?

Me and my dad drove up there to pick the quad up because I wanted to go to the indoor track this weekend. Well I get there and they tell me that they accidentally left the key on the whole time it was here and MY BRAND NEW BATTERY was completely dead (if you are unaware of this, when a battery is completely drained it is VERY hard on them and may never hold a charge again). So I'm pretty ticked off, and tell them to bring it out front so I can take it home.

The kid pulls up on my quad then tells me "hey, your back right tire was flat so I had to pump it up."

GRR :mad:

I load it up and get out of there quick, and as soon as I get home I let it warm up and go for a boot up and down the road to make sure everything is fine. I take it slow at first then continue to speed up and everything is great. I pull it up in fourth and it comes back a bit far so I tap the rear brake to bring it down. I GET NOTHING! So I pulled the clutch and slammed my body forward to drop the front end, then drove back home. I look at my rear brake and they didn't connect my brake pedal to the master cylinder!! :mad: :mad:

God is this dealership ever getting a NASTY phone call Monday morning.

Sorry, I had to vent. And yes, I've asked before and they won't let me take recall parts home to do them myself.

-Martin

Hondamaster5505
12-22-2007, 07:54 PM
hahaha, thats sucks.

I swear, sometimes they hire some real tarts at dealerships.

I cant wait till i work at one, ill actually do what has to be done.

Flyin-Low
12-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah, and my solenoid was fine.. I put the charger on it and the quad fired right up no problem.

I was so angry about the brake thing though, 'cause it's one thing to leave a little bolt out of the plastic or something because it won't harm anything. But to leave the brakes not functioning?!

-Martin

Hondamaster5505
12-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Oh yeah, and my solenoid was fine.. I put the charger on it and the quad fired right up no problem.

I was so angry about the brake thing though, 'cause it's one thing to leave a little bolt out of the plastic or something because it won't harm anything. But to leave the brakes not functioning?!

-Martin

You should sue those *******s for that, you could've got seriously hurt.

JOEX
12-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Either instead of or in addition to b!tching at someone over the phone you may get better long term results by sending a well written letter describing what the problems are to the service manager along with copies to the head honcho of the dealership and whoever the dealership answers to.

Robin Hood
12-22-2007, 08:25 PM
We have the same situations happen to us and our friends every time we bring our bikes to the dealerships.

I helped bring a friend's 400ex down to a dealership to have his lonestar swingarm put on. He got a call the next day saying that they needed to torch his frame apart to get the pivot bolt out and that everything is a mess. What was supposed to be a 1-2 day fix turned out to take over 2 weeks. Not only that, but the bill sky rocketed from a few hundred to well over a grand!

Damn stealership greedy *******s! :mad:

xc_251
12-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
We have the same situations happen to us and our friends every time we bring our bikes to the dealerships.

I helped bring a friend's 400ex down to a dealership to have his lonestar swingarm put on. He got a call the next day saying that they needed to torch his frame apart to get the pivot bolt out and that everything is a mess. What was supposed to be a 1-2 day fix turned out to take over 2 weeks. Not only that, but the bill sky rocketed from a few hundred to well over a grand!

i would have personally beat the guys a** who decided to torch my frame appart without even giving me a heads up man we are about to do some serious sh*t. lol i would have been pissed

Flyin-Low
12-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood

It's not the dealerships fault that your friend didn't maintain his quad. He should have periodicaly removed his swingarm bolt and greased it.

I bought my EX used and when I went to change the swingarm bearings the pivot bolt WOULDN'T budge. Took me two days of pounding and soaking in penetrating oil to get it out. Tried an air chisel, sledge hammer, heat, impact wrench..

But they should have called before torching.

-Martin

Flyin-Low
12-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Either instead of or in addition to b!tching at someone over the phone you may get better long term results by sending a well written letter describing what the problems are to the service manager along with copies to the head honcho of the dealership and whoever the dealership answers to.

I'm not going to bother taking the time to write an angry letter. I'm simply going to let them know what I think of their service and not go there again.. There are other dealerships that will gladly welcome my business.

I already stopped ordering parts from them because they couldn't be bothered to look up stuff. I called for a price on my Tag Railer skid plate and all I got was "It's not in the book, so I can't get it"

Called another dealership up and asked about it, it wasn't in the book there either so he called Tag directly and had one waiting for me a couple days later.

Now that's service.

-Martin

my88r
12-22-2007, 10:24 PM
i feel you pain man. Ive been through a lot of bs at the local dealers to. i even had my parts thrown across the shop. i sold that bike and have not been there since. or will ever go back their again. i don't understand how they THINK there going to make money. acting the way they do.:mad:

Hondamaster5505
12-22-2007, 10:30 PM
One time i went to route 15 honda/yamaha, and the guys are complete tards.

I was looking for jets, and the guy says "sorry, you have to bring in your stock jets so we can match them up." while reading a magazine.

I know thats comlete bullcrap though because they have schematics on their computers that show everything, my cousin knows because he works there in the back.

They're just too lazy to be bothered.

Penn Argyl is a decent dealer though, they're usually a little better

my88r
12-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
One time i went to route 15 honda/yamaha, and the guys are complete tards.

I was looking for jets, and the guy says "sorry, you have to bring in your stock jets so we can match them up." while reading a magazine.

I know thats comlete bullcrap though because they have schematics on their computers that show everything, my cousin knows because he works there in the back.

They're just too lazy to be bothered.

Penn Argyl is a decent dealer though, they're usually a little better

i went to the stealership for jets. he kept asking me if these looked like the jets i needed. even after i told him i had a 36mm pj keihin carb.lol

Hondamaster5505
12-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by my88r
i went to the stealership for jets. he kept asking me if these looked like the jets i needed. even after i told him i had a 36mm pj keihin carb.lol

lol.

stealership, hahaha.

MX MaNiAc 06
12-22-2007, 10:50 PM
I know i have heard nothing but bad stories about dealerships.. but Andrews cycle has been nothing but good to me. They covered $2500 under warranty after they had already told me that they were my fault. Everything has held up too!

pro-rider46
12-22-2007, 10:52 PM
i took my quad into my local stealership. and it was spitting and sputtering horribly. and they had it for over a month, and when i got it back, they told me that they did not know what was wrong with it, and i took it for a ride and it was even worse, and on top of that my headlights didnt work and do not to this day(and my dad did not have the balls to confront them), and it is pretty said when a 14 yr. old can fix it in about 4 hours.

suzukigirl
12-22-2007, 10:56 PM
the dealerships by me suck...i won't even order parts from them anymore, we'll drive across the border to a dealership there.....i got new goggles from the shop near me and they gave me the wrong tear-offs, so i took them back and they didn't have the right ones, took them over 2 weeks to order them and a pack of 20 cost me $45 canadian :grr: ....i needed them for my next race, so i went to the dealer in the states and got them for $15

WhiteYFZ
12-22-2007, 11:00 PM
exactly why i work on the entire quad. and if its the motor, i bring it to someone who knows what there doing. no a dealership, they know nothing

Hondamaster5505
12-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah, Penn Argyl Honda/yamaha has always been good to us.

We had them put tubes in our tires and change tires onto rims for fairly cheap and did them in less than an hour:D

Route 15 is gay though:grr:

Hondamaster5505
12-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Me and my dad do all out own work, except we didnt have time to do the tires the one time.

We rebuild out own engines, weld our own brackets, replace our own bearings, etc.

Being mechanically inclined can save you money most of the time :D

my88r
12-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
exactly why i work on the entire quad. and if its the motor, i bring it to someone who knows what there doing. no a dealership, they know nothing

i do everything now. except for a few things. but the guy that does that work is good and has a low overhead.

BlaineKaiser450
12-22-2007, 11:32 PM
that is why my dad and i do everything ourselves and if we must take it somewhere, we take it to a specialized dirt bike/quad shop. not the stealership

jesseweaver
12-23-2007, 11:35 AM
the stealerships around here arent that good either

KXRida
12-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Yah I'd find the guy that worked on it and rip his balls off and feed them to him in a cerel bowl.

I honestly think shops find their mechanics on the streets.

400ex_rider13
12-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem.

But there is 2 sides to this, my father works at a Suzuki and Honda dealer and I have to say, not all dealerships are like the one you took you quad too. My dad works on most of the Atv's that come into the shop, and if I've seen a guy check something over 3 times, I'll see him check it over 6 times. My dad damn good at what he does, and puts 120% into everything he works on, and if he thinks he put something in or on wrong..he'll tear the whole thing down just to make sure it's right. anyways, not every dealer is a joke.. there is some really good ones out there that have guy who know what their doing.

450raider
12-23-2007, 10:49 PM
oh boy, if only some of my past quads could talk:rolleyes:, none of my experiences have been really as bad as some of the stuff i just read but in this one instance i got so mad i jacked up this one guy.... long story short -simple warranty fix-salesman says not to worry, he'll take care of everything- my little brothers brand new magnum was basically ruined, so i caught him out and thanked him properly and like a week after that he pi**** off someone else and they fired him, and since then (this was years ago) ive been to that dealer maybe 90 times and havent had an ounce of trouble out of them yet. so i guess somethimes it only takes one idiot to mess everthing up.

CDCHONDAS
12-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
You should sue those *******s for that, you could've got seriously hurt.

There really is no excuse for the brakes not to work, however why does everyone want to sue everyone, EZ money, just another major problem in america the sue happy idiots.

Hondamaster5505
12-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by CDCHONDAS
There really is no excuse for the brakes not to work, however why does everyone want to sue everyone, EZ money, just another major problem in america the sue happy idiots.

i was jokin around. But he couldve got hurt.

Ghost-Rider
12-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Our dealership isn't to bad.

ECATV Raptor
12-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I took my raptor to a local dealership to have the transmission replaced under warranty. I had just put on new Holeshot GNCC tires and when I went the pick up the bike my plastics were all gouged and scratched up and the little rubber things on the tires were completley warn off. THEY WERE BRAND NEW!:mad: I always do the work on my bike but since it was covered under warranty I had them do it. I mean It didnt end up costing me anything for the work but It still ticked me off.

87250rspell
01-02-2008, 02:51 PM
It is illegal for a dealership to charge over the original quote without having your approval for the extra work. They must call and het your approval or you dont have to pay a dime over the quote.

01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
My dealer ship worked on my quad once. Stole my number plates, bent my air scoop in, put stress marks on the new blue plastic, scratched the frame all up looked like they where hitting a screw driver or somthing on it like a drum. They rebuilt my top end. I get it back and all the head studs where pulled from tightning them to tight. I didnt know till i drove it and oil was on the out side of the motor. It started burning oil again shortly after. Call them up and they say its my fault, not theirs. Year lator i bring my quad their for them to put a clutch in cause I didnt want to do it and they refused to touch it. Got pissed so I sold the motor for only about $200 with every thing it used :eek2:

01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
i took my quad into my local stealership. and it was spitting and sputtering horribly. and they had it for over a month, and when i got it back, they told me that they did not know what was wrong with it, and i took it for a ride and it was even worse, and on top of that my headlights didnt work and do not to this day(and my dad did not have the balls to confront them), and it is pretty said when a 14 yr. old can fix it in about 4 hours.

Makes me remember another thing. Place i brought mine to they stole the light out of my rear light. Got the quad home and back light didnt work. I check and no light bulb was in it.

elmer91
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
I'm not going to bother taking the time to write an angry letter. I'm simply going to let them know what I think of their service and not go there again.. There are other dealerships that will gladly welcome my business.

I already stopped ordering parts from them because they couldn't be bothered to look up stuff. I called for a price on my Tag Railer skid plate and all I got was "It's not in the book, so I can't get it"

Called another dealership up and asked about it, it wasn't in the book there either so he called Tag directly and had one waiting for me a couple days later.

Now that's service.

-Martin

to me, that is understandable why they couldnt order stuff. i work at a parts store, and there are some things we cant order. for instance, someone called today looking for oakley goggles. none of the books we have carry oakley. we are not a dealer for oakley either, so we could not get anything from them. same goes for fox stuff at my work. there is a certain order amount that has to be ordered each year, and we could not meet that.

mittman
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
i have had some good experinces and bad ones about two weeks ago i broke a bolt when tighting my oil filter cover (had alot on my mind) so i went to the dealership to get another bolt no one was at the desk so the mechanic got me the bolt but the other mechanic needed help so i was waiting and one of the other guys came over and it took him 10min to find the bolt item number and then he said we dont have any more of these bolts in stock. im standing there and the bolt the mechanic got me was right there on the desk so the stupid guy goes in the back to look for one then the same mechanic comes out and says that will be 1.00 i was about ready to leave a 1.00 and just leave i was there for 20min retards