PDA

View Full Version : MX Des Nationals

sylvan56473
11-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know where I can find information on how the MX Des's went this year and who won?

Pro400EXC
11-11-2002, 08:04 PM
Carmicheal didn't go,but Redd won it,and i think Ferry or Larocco got 2nd...Carmicheal woulda burnt em all if yah ask me...

Lo flyer
11-12-2002, 07:55 PM
Mx de nations did not happen this year it got cancelled at the last minute. I heard different rumours about it being on Indian land and them pulling the plug but I really dont know. The race that Chad Reed one was one they pulled together at Glen Helen one week later. It was still a country thing but we had Sean Hamblin and Kyle Lewis and ?. Not RC, Larocco and Bubba.:)

sylvan56473
11-12-2002, 08:05 PM
Tim Ferry was the 3rd person. I found it a little while ago. Team USA took 2nd overall while Austrailia won it. I think it was called the MX World Cup. Can you imagine if RC, Larocco and Bubba went? But Ferry, Hamblin and Lewis did the USA proud! Good job guys!!

Lo flyer
11-12-2002, 08:43 PM
That was the race at glen helen. Go to racerx and get the skinny it was on the cover of the lateset issue at the bike shop. My sub either expired or my neighbor coped it again.

CBus660R
11-13-2002, 07:39 AM
The MX des Nations did not happen as planned. It was supposed to occur at a brand new track in Southern California built specifically for the event. The problem was that the promoter was a shaddy character who tried to do it on Indian land. He failed to get the proper permits from the government and it was shut down. The event was re-scheduled for the following weekend and held in Spain (I think) and the AMA did not send a team to it due to the short notice and the inability to get everything/everyone organized to go. The event that people are refering to was an unofficial event put together since many of the international guys were already in So. Cal for the MX des Nations.