PDA

View Full Version : Cow Branch reopening tomorrow - anyone going?

quad2xtreme
12-22-2007, 11:22 AM
About 45 minutes from Rocky Mount, NC. Anyone planning to be there?

12-22-2007, 03:04 PM
im thinkin about hittin it up soon to check out the new design. Tell me what you think of it...supposedly its alot different than it used to be.

Have i ever raced with you by chance? im number 16 on the white ltr

JJs450r
12-22-2007, 03:43 PM
i want be making it but maybe another time

quad2xtreme
12-22-2007, 04:53 PM
I've never raced but thinking about it. I would be 40+ and C class though. You are moving up to B class right?

Not sure I am going tomorrow now. The weather forecast changed. We went from PM showers to 9am possibility of rain. I knew I should have gone today. I could just kick myself.

You need to get a few guys and come up to Breezewood with me in March for the opener. I can haul 5 quads. I always rent one of the cabins. It is $120 per person which includes riding fees for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. You would get a chance to meet Pappy, Dan, Amanda, and a lot of the other people from the site.

/Jon

quad2xtreme
02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I did go to Cow Branch. It is a supercross style track now with mostly doubles. It is definitely for very experienced riders...definitely not the place to learn how to ride or someone just getting into the mx scene. There are very steep takeoffs and very steep, short landers.

I would say a quad rider needs to be a very good B rider to really enjoy Cow Branch.

I am sure somebody will argue that their 10 yr old goes around the track. So yes, anyone can go around the track just as I can ski down any black diamond trail in the country. There is a huge difference between getting around the track and really tackling the jumps on the track.

Cow Branch is a great track for top level riders...especially dirt bike riders. At my age, I doubt I will ever be at this level though. I will have to continue riding at places that have more tabletops and longer less steep landers.

/Jon

JRP
02-18-2008, 11:00 AM
i herd it was a sweet track. My friends raced their a few weekends ago and said it was real tech but fun. Ive seen some pics from it, and it looks awsome, like you said though, real steep doubles. takeoffs/landing. I will probably hit that up too sometime soon.