PDA

View Full Version : when will the Outlaws get EFI

z rider2
12-21-2007, 07:59 PM
well guys, isold my Z and will be ready for a new bike late this spring. I LOVE the ltr-450, but reverse is nice, and so are 20 inch tires. I've also done the 450 thing and it was fun, but i want an engine with some torque that i can lug around at the dunes. my dream quad would be a fuel injected 525S with rezzy front shocks, and 50" wide. will the outlaws ever get EFI? any one know of any planned updates for 09? help me out, what would you do?

pred174
12-22-2007, 11:30 AM
my guess is that ur gonna see ktm go to efi on there quads before it hits polaris quads

Outlaw 50
12-23-2007, 05:59 AM
My own personal preference is to have a carb which is easier to tune to match the mods that you add to your quad.

The EFI on most quads is very primitive and since they don't have an O2 sensor are hard to change to match different pipes and air filter mods.

z rider2
12-23-2007, 06:39 PM
even though it is a primitive system, they have proven to be very reliable. the LTR guys are pulling some amazing numbers from those machines. plus i ride in anywhere from 3000- 9500 feet. i would give up a few ponies for the relibility and hassle free performance of EFI. an EFI 525 would be simply amazing:eek2: i actually think EFI is easier to tune as well, not so much guess work trying to get it running right at any given rpm. just plug in a controller, load up a proven map, and you know its going to run good.

outlaw450mxr
12-23-2007, 11:41 PM
there not going to get efi soon, the ktm engines wont run with as much power with efi.

12-27-2007, 05:43 PM
omg how would u know you didnt even know of ATK/CANNONDALE or ohlins shocks so dont say anything

bsieren
12-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree the EFI would be nice for tuning but that is about it. What if you are out in the middle of Glamis and something goes wrong with the EFI and there you sit. At least with the carb you could tear it apart and more than likely get it running again.

As far as throttle response, there isn't much difference if any at all. I have riden both EFI and non-EFI. My 525IRS has plenty of throttle response. The EFI might be a millisecond faster but hey I am sure everyone could lose 5lbs and make that difference up.

pred174
12-27-2007, 09:20 PM
the ktm engines would probably not pass cali. emissions laws if they had efi, due to how lean everything is coming out of the factory is the only reason they pass as of now...I am not sure if it is a problem with the ktm quad owners but the polaris owners all have to rejet theres unless they are at really high altitude due to how lean they are...