PDA

View Full Version : 440 help

LBFD
12-21-2007, 07:39 PM
I need help with running a good 440 set up on 93 gas. I plan on running a ported head, 450r carb, bigger valves. Cam? Piston? Machine Work Who? Headpipe? Thanks

416exfreak
12-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Use whatever pipe, cam, valves, etc that you want to.

Just make sure that when you buy the kit, it has 11:1 compression or less. Any more compression than that and your going to need to run at least mixed gas (race and pump).

F-16Guy
12-21-2007, 09:00 PM
It depends on your budget. For the most bang-for-the-buck, I would probably run a JE piston, Hotcams stage 2 cam, Cometic 89mm Flexsteel head gasket, have heavy duty head studs installed by GT Thunder or someone else that will use a roll form tap, and have the cylinder decked to zero deck height. Once decked, the head gasket will provide the proper squish band gap. If you send your cylinder to GT Thunder or C&D Racing, they can probably set it all up at once so that you can just bolt it all together once you get it back.

If money is no issue, you could go with a Ross piston, have the new sleeve Nickasiled, and run a big Web Cams cam with hard faced rockers.

416exfreak
12-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
It depends on your budget. For the most bang-for-the-buck, I would probably run a JE piston, Hotcams stage 2 cam, Cometic 89mm Flexsteel head gasket, have heavy duty head studs installed by GT Thunder or someone else that will use a roll form tap, and have the cylinder decked to zero deck height. Once decked, the head gasket will provide the proper squish band gap. If you send your cylinder to GT Thunder or C&D Racing, they can probably set it all up at once so that you can just bolt it all together once you get it back.

If money is no issue, you could go with a Ross piston, have the new sleeve Nickasiled, and run a big Web Cams cam with hard faced rockers.

I had the first settup in your post the first time i had my engine rebuilt. Now im running something similair to the second settup.

WAYYYYY bigger difference in power.:D