PDA

View Full Version : kx450f hybird jetting question.

jlracing
12-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I recently finished my build and it is very hard to start if the temps are lower then 15. Choke on or off. When it a bit warmer ( in the garage) 25-20 it will start in 2-5 kicks. Would it be a pilot jet problem since its at idle postion?

kawi_rider_97
12-21-2007, 09:37 PM
It sounds like you should go up a few sizes on the main but thats just me, have you done a plug check? you can get quite a bit out of that just by the color of the plug. oh and another thing, imj not tryin to steal your project idea but ive been workin on a hybrid kfx400 with a kx450f engine as well and im interested in what you did for the wiring, did you just use all the componnents off the bike or what? thanks.

yfzrider45
12-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Its all in the jetting, you might want to fatten up the main jet a couple sizes....Post a couple of pictures of it!! i think that would be awsome!!!

jlracing
12-22-2007, 07:46 AM
plug was a bit on the black side last time i checked it so i thought i should maybe go smaller on the main. There will be pictures for sure once i find my sd card. There's a cell piture in the hybird forum somewhere.