PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1998 Honda TRX300EX !MUST READ!

theupsmanhatesm
12-20-2007, 10:49 PM
message me for pictures, i have plenty of them

I Live in Daleville, IN. and i have a 1998 Honda TRX300EX for sale, with lots of extras. $2000 is my asking price, or i am willing to trade for something bigger. I just need a more powerful machine as i move up in class i need to move up in power.

1998 Honda TRX300EX: $2000
LOTS OF EXTRAS

Bought it for $1500, and added...
Cobra exhaust - $150
Titanium intake and exhaust Valves - $80 ($40 each)
Custom Shaved Fenders - Free
Just replaced air and oil filters and changed the oil. - $50
Dura-Blue lifetime warranty Rear Axle - $380
Moose Racing Handlebars w/ Scott gaurds - $25, $15
Brand new 2006 series 300EX Thumb Throttle w/ steel braided Throttle Cable - $75
Brand New 2006 Series 300EX Rear Brake resivior/lines/pads - $55
5 Gears w/ Reverse

Comes with:
SuperTrapp 5" disc-type Spark Arrestor- ($25)
Extra Brand New NGK Spark Plug - ($5)
No-Toil Super-Flow Air Filter(nneds cleaned but re-useable.) - ($15)
Original TCI Twist Throttle w/ all mounting gear (will install to replace thumb throttle if preffered) - ($50)
4 Extra tires (3 of which are mounted on rims already, the fourth rim got bent when moving, but the tire is still fine.)

NOTE! It is having a compression problem right now, but it
still runs fine. Before the sale i will buy and install a $110
Weisco piston kit with new rings and wristpins, which will solve the problem. If you are not satisfied with the way it runs after that, you can feel free to back out of the purchase, but i promise it will be the standard bullet-proff honda engine you want.

*Runs GREAT you'd have to hear it to belive it (and beleive me you'll HEAR IT, buddy. This thing is LOUD!)

*Low Hours, basically been driven to the mailbox and backeveryday. only 2-3 track apprances. Adult Owned.

*Fully Restored after sitting in a garage for years, we revived it to the fullest.

*Great sport quad for beginers, excellent fun for experts. A great bike to practice your first freestyle tricks on because it is so light and still powerful enough to get you as high in the air as you wanna go.

With all the extras, and work already put into it, and after the new piston (which i am buying and installing when the buyer specifies what compression ratio he/she would like), I've put over $2,535 into this machine.

FOR SALE: $2000

This Picture still has the old tires on, but these are the tires that come extra. The tires that are mounted on right now are actually smaller which lowers the entire machine and adds more torque. The new tires also make sliding and whipping ALOT easier in races.

300ex_#387
12-22-2007, 06:47 AM
The compression of the piston will not change the top speed drastically like that. Defenatley not 75-80 MPH. If you want a higher top speed the only ways to change that are, changing tire sizes, sprocket sizes, or increasing the rev limiter.

theupsmanhatesm
12-22-2007, 10:16 AM
The compression of the piston, with the open ended full cobra exhasust, and larger tires which come for free with the purchase, will go 75 easy. Concidering that a 14:1 compression also only runs 110 octane or better, the higher RPM's and better flowing exhaust alone will make a significant diference in torque and over-all power.

JIMFROMTEXCO
12-22-2007, 10:35 AM
BUT ITS NOT GOING TO INCREASE TOPEND SPEED. a 14:1 piston is suicide in a 300ex engine it would run way to hot. plus i dont think wiseco makes a 14:1 for a 300.

theupsmanhatesm
12-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Noted. I edited the entry. Before the sale I will buy and install a standard 11:1 compression piston kit, along with all of the new clips rings and a full new top end gasket kit from Wiseco.

That sound better?

Thanks for the info guys, my friend kinda typed all this up for me, i went through and double-checked and had to change a few things, but it's all corrected and certified now.

mike maddrell
12-23-2007, 01:12 AM
so does that mean you still think its gonna do 75-80? cause it wont. just so youre not disappointed after all your work.:D

theupsmanhatesm
12-23-2007, 10:54 PM
nope

theupsmanhatesm
12-24-2007, 10:13 PM
The sale is now in my signature.. i think.

honda300EXtreme
12-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Titanium intake and exhaust Valves - $80 ($40 each)

i think you might be having compression problems cuse it seems like your missing 2 valves

300ex is a 4 valve machine ;)

:p