PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Lsr

bloodmoney23
12-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry guys this is a little venting session.......but WTF LSR. Ok, I just spent over $5,000.00 at LSR you would think I would be considered a decent customer or something. Guess not...... where to start. Maybe from the day I ordered?!? The guy that answered the phone not only was rude but wasnt very helpful at all and apparently didn't listen to well. To top it off he promised to send my order to my email to make sure what I was getting....I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN IT BUD! Well finally after 2.5 months I got everything and decided to go through and check everything and get it ready to put on this week. My swingarm, well the mounts for skid plate werent tapped right i guess cause out of 6 mounts I got 2 bolts that could actually go in cause the rest of the mounts are crossthreaded (bolts wouldnt even start to thread in). My DC-6 Linkage has enough play in it that I had to order an entire new linkage rebuild kit to make sure its not the pivot tubes i already put in. My front wheel hubs that took 2.5 months to get here not only took 2.5 months to get here but one has a nice few chunks taken out of it that i have to grind down cause they have some nice spurs on them and there were metal spurs all over the bearings. And now the main thing that ticked me off was that i was specific that I needed a MX/Freestyle setup and they send me the Dune Edition Front Shocks which are by Elka, NOT RECOMENDED FOR MOTOCROSS TRACKS OR FREESTYLE RIDING! It says on their site "Do not use for motocross" but yet they didnt send me the dune edition rear? Oh well so much for my Jan 5th race guess i wont be making that one. I am not one bit happy with LSR, in thier products thus far, thier sales dept, the shipping, I mean out of all the time ive been dealing with lonestar Bobby has been the only one that has even been nice and tried helping me out! Im sure LSR has a lot more people than Bobby. Thanks Bobby I appreciate your help if you read this, but unless they can say hey sent ya the wrong shocks send those back and we will send you the right ones then I wont ever deal with LSR again. Ive had this many problems already and havent even gotten to mount anything to my frame yet. I bet ya thats gonna be a fun sight..

quadgod440ex
12-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Damn bro that sucks , A buddy of mine had a problem with lsr also , he bought a swingarm and after 2 races where the welds are for the carrier housing they both broke from the bottom. LSR said they wouldnt have anything to do with it. He has the receipt from recieving it friday and then calling them monday telling them about it.... Hes a A class MX rider , of coarse he rides the bike hard but god damn he didnt case anything and rides really smooth. After the race we just noticed it while loading it up. Now when we go to races he has a display setup with his swingarm attached to a 4x6 piece of ply wood saying this is why not to buy from LSR .... Let us know how you make out man. LSR usually has some good stuff but like you if heard some bad storys about some of there stuff. Thats why i will not buy from them , i dont even wanna risk it.

lwrider20
12-21-2007, 09:22 AM
hey sorry to hear about your problems. like i said ive only been here 2 weeks now so im still new to all of this. as far as an e-mail for you order it actually should get automatically sent out when you order. i know sometimes peoples spam filters catch the e-mail and you never get it so that could be the case. or something just went wrong and it didnt get sent. for the swingarm mount holes it very well could be that they got powdercoating on the first few thread and thats why the bolts wont start. im not making any excuses because i know that stuff happens and goes wrong from time to time and im really sorry to hear about it happening to you, i just wanted to give you some possibilities as to why this stuff is happening. if you cant get the bolts in and there does appear to be something wrong with the threads give me a call at 1-800-457-7223 ext. 202 and ill make sure it gets taken care of. and for the shocks your best bet is to call elka directly, there is a serial # on the shocks and they should be able to tell you if we ordered them wrong or if was a screw up by them. let me know if i can help you in any other way. thanks.

bobby

Pappy
12-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Strange to hear....

They have repaired or replaced every axle I have ever sent, and even stood behind a set of lower DC4 lowers after 2 years of GNCC use!

have you contacted them about the shocks or asked to speak to say..Angela?

Ex_Rider43
12-21-2007, 01:38 PM
you might want to try those shocks , some of my friends use dune editions bodies with a different spring setup for motocross..

lwrider20
12-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by quadgod440ex
Damn bro that sucks , A buddy of mine had a problem with lsr also , he bought a swingarm and after 2 races where the welds are for the carrier housing they both broke from the bottom. LSR said they wouldnt have anything to do with it. He has the receipt from recieving it friday and then calling them monday telling them about it.... Hes a A class MX rider , of coarse he rides the bike hard but god damn he didnt case anything and rides really smooth. After the race we just noticed it while loading it up. Now when we go to races he has a display setup with his swingarm attached to a 4x6 piece of ply wood saying this is why not to buy from LSR .... Let us know how you make out man. LSR usually has some good stuff but like you if heard some bad storys about some of there stuff. Thats why i will not buy from them , i dont even wanna risk it.

how long ago was this issue? cause ive never heard of us not warrantying any product that failed after 2 rides. if this really is the case have your buddy give me a call and we can resolve this.

bloodmoney23
12-21-2007, 02:10 PM
well heres the deal. They are sending me MX shocks next Wednesday and picking up the shipping charges to send the dune edition shocks back and said they could replace the damaged front wheel hub but to refrain from losing any more time I will just grind the spurs down and clean it out good. and the mounts for the skid are crossthreaded the whole way down, i used my mini led light to check. They did do a good job at removing the PC from the area though. I can retap those myself though. They did appologize for being rude on the phone and I appologized to them for going off in an email. Due to military experience im not good at handling stress to well and to top it off I have to listen to my wife nagging everyday for spending over 5k on my atv so I have to explain i bought the best stuff and shouldnt need to buy anything for a long time (lol, ill prolly buy somethign next week) but when stuff like this comes up she doesnt nag or complain about LSR I have to listen to it. "Well its your fault for spending that much" So there are many factors to me taking the approach i did. LSR I appreciate your willing to help after what i did and apologize, and I accept your apology as well.

quadgod440ex
12-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by lwrider20
how long ago was this issue? cause ive never heard of us not warrantying any product that failed after 2 rides. if this really is the case have your buddy give me a call and we can resolve this.

Im gonna say this was probley towards the middle of last season.....Whats your name? i will have him call with your name as a reference. Thank you

bloodmoney23
12-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by quadgod440ex
Im gonna say this was probley towards the middle of last season.....Whats your name? i will have him call with your name as a reference. Thank you

1-800-457-7223 ext. 202 and his name is Bobby.

ss440ex
12-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I agree with you,
After spending 5k of your money,I would think you should get better service and a quality product!!!

And you would think they would provide that....there are other manufactures out there.

I`d be up set!!!
My .02

bloodmoney23
12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
and its also my first FULL build so I didnt have any sponsor help or anything this was all out of my pocket. But they are attempting to help. As of right now, i am just going to wait it out to see what happens.

Dave400ex
12-21-2007, 07:44 PM
You may be in a hurry, but my advice is take your time and get the right parts that are built right. Make them send you a new hub. Paying that amount for something that needs work is wrong. I'm on a major deadline for mine, but I have already had a few things fixed or messed up that would work, but I won't use it unless it's perfect. Yes I am meticulous when it comes to my quad. Ask Pappy. lol :D

At LSR if you want stuff done fast and right, call and talk to Dan Fisher.

bloodmoney23
12-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
You may be in a hurry, but my advice is take your time and get the right parts that are built right. Make them send you a new hub. Paying that amount for something that needs work is wrong. I'm on a major deadline for mine, but I have already had a few things fixed or messed up that would work, but I won't use it unless it's perfect. Yes I am meticulous when it comes to my quad. Ask Pappy. lol :D

At LSR if you want stuff done fast and right, call and talk to Dan Fisher.

well I had a deadline, i needed to have it back together and ready w/ a little seat time for a local race on jan 5th and that is pretty much not gonna happen now so ill just wait till the race in feb. well ill figure it this way too. with the length of time it took to get my front hubs, ill hang on to the messed up one till i get the new one. the swingarm skid mounts, ill take care of that myself, its not worth the time and stress on either side of this over skid mounts when i have a tap and dye set in the garage. But I am just gonna sit and wait to see what they do like i said in my last post.

Dave400ex
12-21-2007, 08:33 PM
That is a good idea on the hub. Make them send you a label to ship the bad hub back too, you shouldn't have to pay for it either.

440challenger
12-22-2007, 06:12 AM
You would think that LSR would have better quality control.
Its not cheap buying good atv parts...and going with a popular mfg. like LSR, you shouldnt be the one tapping your brand new swing arm and grinding on your new hubs etc.

Yea, it might not be a big deal, but if i payed that much money, even if it was just the swing arm. Its NEW and i would expect it to be new/not needing work.... .

Good luck :)