PDA

View Full Version : New York Riders

QuadTrix6
11-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Hey i was just wondering if anyone from new york rides at exit 56 off the LIE, i saw some a ton of people there this week and was wondering if any of them where on this site ? Well if not where do you guys ride?

ny300exrider
11-11-2002, 04:10 PM
i live on long island...i havnt been to 56 yet but ive rode with a few yammaha guys that said they ride there. i live on the eastern end in riverhead.....what abut you. there is a very nice sandpit right by me that alot of people seem to like. i personally think it is great. it has a mix of everything and there is potential for some jumps too. if you want, you and ur crew lol or whoever rides with you should come out and ride. btw what is at exit 56. i heard it is like an industrial area or something but what are some things there......thanks. well cya lata man............oh yea im a little 13 year old but you should still come and ride with us. ok im done, lata

11-11-2002, 04:30 PM
56 is an industrial place where they grind up rocks and make pils of sand and some huge piles of other ground up rocks. There is also a little field of all whoops and a pretty big straightaway were people drag race. Its a pretty fun place. Where exactly is the place u ride. Ill probably go check it out soon. Do cops bother u?

ny300exrider
11-11-2002, 04:44 PM
oh ok, this pit is in the town of riverhead. if you find out were the crown sanitation dump is....the pit is right next to it. it was suppoesed to be a sand mining pit or something. ive been there at least 20 times before i got my quad to watch the guys ride and ive never seen any problams with cops. the cops drive right by when i ride too. the only time the cops will probsably come is when you ride down the road and stuff. so id stay in the pit and you should be fine. if you need directions to it just ask....i could giv em . if you wanna go.....tell me on here and ill try to go too.

ny300exrider
11-11-2002, 08:19 PM
bump

QuadTrix6
11-12-2002, 12:35 PM
does n e one ride on 112, someone told me about it im not sure where it is exactly but i heard theres tons of trails and a sand pit

suzukidzrider
11-13-2002, 12:04 AM
I RIDE AT 56.,,,RODE THIS PAST SUNDAY THERE LOTS OF PEOPLE,,HAD A GREAT TIME,,SUNK MY Z
ALSO RODE AT HEARTLAND EXIT52....BUT THERE WAS A LITTLE BEEF I CANT POST...IF YOU GET MY DRIFT
I ALSO RIDE AT THE SAND PITT IN QUEENS,BY JFK AIRPORT/5 TOWNS

AND I RIDE EVERYDAY BY ME,,,SORRY GUYS CANT GIVE DIRECTIONS,LOCALS ONLY!!!! AND THATS RARE USUALLY ME AND A FEW PEOPLE WHO RIDE WHERE IAM TALKING ABOUT

BUT 56 IS DEFINITLY COOL TO CHECK OUT!!!!NOT TROUBLE AT ALL THERE.PRIVATE PROPERTY.

QuadTrix6
11-13-2002, 05:42 AM
i thought 52 got plowed? what is there now?

11-26-2002, 08:09 PM
Going to have to try to get myself out to 56 soon, so no cops give you trouble there?

suzukidzrider
11-26-2002, 09:45 PM
they came last sunday"the cops" and all they said was park in the back and stay away from the hotel so they dont complain and stay of the street so as long as we follow these rules your good.there was a decent amount of riders this weekend,52 has cops on quads now

02Rap
11-28-2002, 11:19 AM
i ride at 112 pretty often...it is fun the first couple of times and its a nice size peice of land. there is a huge sand place and a ton of trails. if u take the trials far enough back u come out to where they r building sachem high school. there is a dirt feild thast looks like it will become a staudium that everyone drags on. there are some good jumps and one that if u hit hard enough, ull clear a road. its fun but public saftey has been pulling peoplke put of there the past couple of times, if ur gunna go, only go on sundays because its right behind an insuarnce building and there closed on sunday
Have Fun

ny300exrider
11-28-2002, 01:04 PM
cool, we got some more L.I. riders...were are all yall from(in l.i.) we should all ride sometime lol......

02Rap
11-28-2002, 06:19 PM
i live in Poquott, its in setauket which is real close to port jefferson, how bout you?

Sparks425Ex
11-28-2002, 06:46 PM
Does anyone ride outside of the syracuse area?

I have a bunch of ppl to ride with but we always need more ppl. We have some good spots too.

ny300exrider
11-28-2002, 07:06 PM
i live in riverhead(east end) and my freind honda400exrider lives in mattituck.....he lives right by levlons.

02Rap
11-28-2002, 10:41 PM
is your frinds name joey?

ny300exrider
11-29-2002, 08:39 AM
nope, his name is dan...he will probly reply here but if he doesnt he rides a trick yellow 400. real nice kid....i think there is a kid joe that lives out there but i havent met him...not sure though.
you should come check out some of our spots someday

02Rap
11-29-2002, 10:42 AM
ok, u gunna be out there this weekend (Nov 30, Dec1)??? I think me and my friend might come out there to ride. i was there once at the macari (sp?) vineyard. the kid joey i was talking baout owns it and my friend (who id be coming out with) has an uncle whos got a house on the property. like i said ive been up ther eonce but we didnt get a chance to go to levlons. i got a raptor so im sure itd be a lot of fun for me there but my friend is on a yz250f. how is the place for a bike? also, do the police bother u there? if yea, is it easy to get away?

-nick p.s sorry bout all the q's

ny300exrider
11-29-2002, 01:37 PM
no problem.....the place is ok for bikes...my freind that lives around there says he sees bikes all the time (125s,250fs,426s) etc and they do good.....i have never ridden there but id love to go when i knew someone else was going from here...im not sure if ill be able to go cuz i got grounded from my quad ahahha. maybe i can talk my parents into letting me go...ill have to talk to my freind so i can stay at his house when we go and stuff. i heard the cops were bad at one time, but the land was bought or something and they dont bother yo too much anymore....my freinds go all the tme and never have any trouble....you should pm honda400exrider because he goes alot and lives close....have a good time if i cant go.

02Rap
11-29-2002, 02:30 PM
im confised, is the pit u were talking about before levlons? or are they two different places? i dont have my heart set on going to levlons, we just want to go SOMEWHERE that is good. id be nice if we could meet up with someone there (you) but it isnt a big deal if we dont. from the sounds of ur last post we are talkign about two different places, which one is better? directions would be great!
-nick

ny300exrider
11-29-2002, 02:55 PM
the pit is something different....levlons is better, levlons isnt really a pit....its just tons of sand and woops and stuff. i wanna go so bad but i dont think i can get a ride out there and im like 10 min by car and i defintly cant ride there.

QuadTrix6
11-30-2002, 10:14 AM
i live in nassau county on long island, I ride mostly MX tracks but i occasionally ride some illegal spots like exit 56 off the LIE..ill prob be there tomm dec 1, youi can't miss my quiad yellow 400ex with #6 nuimber plates...definetly say hi if youi catch me over there

phatswinn
11-30-2002, 11:14 AM
i live in gates (about 10 miles from rochester) we all should all go to tug hill this summer, its a great top end place, there arent many technicle trails but its very high paced, and theres a bar about every 20 miles yay or nay for an exriders ride there?

02Rap
11-30-2002, 11:39 AM
quadtrixx, what mx tracks do you ride at? the only one ive heard of and been to is yaphank. are you talkign aboutt racks upstate or on the island?

11-30-2002, 03:52 PM
quadtrix rides at yaphank.:D

02Rap
11-30-2002, 04:34 PM
i noticed u live in long island too. where do ur ide besides yaphank?

ny300exrider
11-30-2002, 06:45 PM
quadmx and quadtrix are brothers.....they share a quad so they pretty much ride in the same places i assume lol.....correct me if im wrong

newjacksm
11-30-2002, 11:14 PM
wow mattituck i use to live their in mattituck next to the greek church and the beach.... i moved out of mattituck when i was young is till visit to see my uncle. but that place is growing and their arent many places to go rideing

I live off of Exit 50-51-52 thoughs 3 exits the closet one though to me is exit 51. which is Huntington Station/Dix Hills. Their is one really good place by me its down Half Hallow rode and its across this nursery place where they have trees and stuff and this place its right behind a devolpment and across from the nursery (its right next to the Service road) but when your going down half hallow and u see the nursery look to the left and ur going to see a trail go threw it when u go threw their is a Track and then you pass the track and then their is a sand pit and the sand pit takes you to like other sand pits all the way down from the track is were we drag..

its free its a place where cops cant get to you :) but when you go their your going to need to find a parkin spot :-\ if you have a pick up maybe you can go in their with the pick up but with anything els i wouldnt recomend

12-01-2002, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by newjacksm
I live off of Exit 50-51-52 thoughs 3 exits the closet one though to me is exit 51. which is Huntington Station/Dix Hills. Their is one really good place by me its down Half Hallow rode and its across this nursery place where they have trees and stuff and this place its right behind a devolpment and across from the nursery (its right next to the Service road) but when your going down half hallow and u see the nursery look to the left and ur going to see a trail go threw it when u go threw their is a Track and then you pass the track and then their is a sand pit and the sand pit takes you to like other sand pits all the way down from the track is were we drag..

where exactly is this place? I usually just rode at 56.

Originally posted by ny300exrider
quadmx and quadtrix are brothers.....they share a quad so they pretty much ride in the same places i assume lol.....correct me if im wrong

Yep:D

ny300exrider
12-01-2002, 07:22 AM
hmmmm. that place sounds interesting...never heard of it...might have to check it out sometime

newjacksm
12-01-2002, 09:47 AM
yeah its really cool, I think its illgal to ride but their is a track and trails are part of the track, Me and my friends made it i helped my friend build like a 6ft jump with like a 10 ft gap. When i get my KFX soon just email me when you guys wanna go we stop at a meeting point and we will just go rideing their, Ill get the nearest adress and put it on mapquest. This place is behind a development and its a dirt rodeand right of the dirt rode are houses and to the left are woods and the dirt rode takes u through the woods into the track :) this place is humungouse. Theirs a jump in the trail very very cool. I would say this place is the best place to go rideing but.,.. I never been to exit 56 or the MX track yet.. But their are some great trails at Melville but the problem is for me to get their i need to ride on the road and cross roads and stuff i really dont like to be chased but the cops here dont do nothing they just tell you to stay off and then the second time ticket and then 3rd time impound

tants
12-01-2002, 10:00 AM
us NY riders should all meet up somewhere. i no in spring time when i get my licence im heading upstate to ride with Lathers and Freeride.

newjacksm
12-01-2002, 10:01 AM
yeah we should but i dont have my quad yet :x where do you live?

QuadTrix6
12-01-2002, 10:13 AM
me and my brother would definetly meet up to ride, he's probably getting his own 400 soon so that will be cool for trails. yea ride at yaphank, jack frost and exit 56. this spring im hoping to go upstate and check out thsoe tracks and maybe even travel further for some really good tracks. riding together would definetly be cool. i'll be at 56 today..sun dec 1. if any of you are going you can't miss my 400ex i have #6 plates

newjacksm
12-01-2002, 10:16 AM
where off Exit 56 and how old are you

i wanna ride at yaphank but im not 16 AND IM SORRY im a big guy for my age and seriously i cant ride a 90cc LoL

but if i went their with the KFX would they ask me for ID or something?

Also where on EXiT 56 can you go rideing i wanna go their sounds like a populated place

Also do cops bother you their?

has any one been rideing on the 5 Towns College land???

its right across from me

mx517
12-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Diamondback, Walden, and Southwoods are mx tracks that allow quads to race in district 34. Diamondback and walden are much bigger tracks and have practice the wednesdays before their races. Quadtrixx have you ever raced on these tracks cuz i see that your also from district 34?

QuadTrix6
12-02-2002, 11:41 AM
where off Exit 56 and how old are you ?

Im 19 i'll be 20 in january

i wanna ride at yaphank but im not 16 AND IM SORRY im a big guy for my age and seriously i cant ride a 90cc LoL

yea i know where your comming from

but if i went their with the KFX would they ask me for ID or something?
yea you do need ID and they are pretty strick with that, you also can't ride there without buying a membership wich is 180 a year i believe. the track is pretty big and is way better for dirtbikes, i changed the gearing in my quad for low end because its all tight turns into big gap jumps and some table tops.

Also where on EXiT 56 can you go rideing i wanna go their sounds like a populated place
you will see a hotel on the side where everyone rides. its a big pit with two parking lots and kinda two parts of it to ride, theres also a very small trails section. its right off the LIE you can't miss it and if you go on a weekend there will be a lot of people there. the only thing is the workers work untill 4:00pm so don't go before than (i know it sux because it gets dark at like 5:30)

Also do cops bother you their?

No as long as you stay off the street so far the cops have been cool, i havn't personally seen any, but the guys there tell me that they usually just say stay off the street. be aware that there are a lot of idiots there so be careful you don't want to get in an accident. its fun though and its pretty big, nice area for dragin as long as it oesn't rain...ill prob be there next sunday..see ya

ORW
12-02-2002, 05:13 PM
about 56! i was there these past 3 sunday's sporting a different quad each time first my polaris 4x4 then my banshee and this past week my raptor. if you were ther this past sunday and saw a black/white raptor doing endos' wheelies, side wheelies and one hand/ one foot wheelies that was me! i'm a rather large guy but i can pull my wieght fine. i'll be there again next sunday inless something comes up. btw my banshee is all black with yellow frame. can't miss it :D

ny300exrider
12-02-2002, 05:25 PM
i wanna go there but im not sure if i can get a ride hahah. is it really crazy with people cuz i dont wanna get hit hhahah...ill check it out some time tho

QuadTrix6
12-03-2002, 01:27 PM
i wanna go there but im not sure if i can get a ride hahah. is it really crazy with people cuz i dont wanna get hit hhahah...ill check it out some time tho

naa its not that bad, just gotta be a little bit cautious, 90% of the riders there don't really know how to ride too well, they do wheelies a lot and endos and side wheelies but that about it..its ok, i wanna build some good jumps there maybe this sunday :blah

QuadTrix6
12-03-2002, 01:28 PM

naa its not that bad, just gotta be a little bit cautious, 90% of the riders there don't really know how to ride too well...most of the guys hang out in the parking lot and do wheelies and endos and side wheelies but that about it..its ok, i wanna build some good jumps there maybe this sunday :blah

BADASSBOMB
12-03-2002, 03:39 PM
yo yo fellow li riders .. all this talk about 56 .. iv been riding there for years .. not to big but fun for a hour or two ..

so who,s going to bethere this weekend .. im pulling the bomb out of the garage ..

so what kind of quads am i looking for . u can miss me ill be the big yellow thumper ruling the drag strip ...lol aka ds650 .

ill be there sunday with my ds a cr250 and a cannondale . so u can miss us .

mx517
12-03-2002, 07:44 PM
So QUADTRIXX.......where in district 34 have you raced? or are you going to race next year?

QuadTrix6
12-05-2002, 04:17 PM
i havn't raced yet but i will next season, i want to be ready to hang with some decent guys before i go out there. i've been riding for only 5 months but have improved quite a bit, so im most likely gonna race most of the district 34 races next year, im still modding my quad but by next season it will be very nice :blah

newjacksm
12-05-2002, 04:41 PM
man im not getting my KFX im to poor to get one so im gonna get sumthin used!

i have 2500 what should i get im lookin towards some banshee's iv seen banshees realll Cheap and i dont no why i didnt get them but yeah banshees go pretty cheap, also i wouldnt mind gettin a EX!!!!!! but i have to find a EXrIder willing to sell their quad for 2500 :rolleyes:

ny300exrider
12-05-2002, 04:56 PM
you can find some real nice 300's for a good pricce...got mine for 2500.dustybear 300 on here has a sick 300 for sale...i think its only 2100 or something...heres mine

newjacksm
12-05-2002, 05:51 PM
dunno man im not into the 300ex's i want some speed

if i wanted the 300ex i would get the blaster insted

but the blaster is to small for me i would need to make it sit higher for me to fit on it

12-06-2002, 07:52 AM
badassbomb you got and pics of that ds how you lke it I am thinking about geting one just curious.
killer

QuadTrix6
12-07-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by newjacksm
man im not getting my KFX im to poor to get one so im gonna get sumthin used!

i have 2500 what should i get im lookin towards some banshee's iv seen banshees realll Cheap and i dont no why i didnt get them but yeah banshees go pretty cheap, also i wouldnt mind gettin a EX!!!!!! but i have to find a EXrIder willing to sell their quad for 2500 :rolleyes:

if i where you i would save some more money and buy an EX, look in the paper ans maybe make a post in the wanted forum. if your looking to do MX i would stay away from the banshee IMO. try for a used 400, i would get another job or something and just keep saving every penny

O, BadassBomb are you still gonna be there with all the snow ? im not sure but i might go tomm (sunday) ill see how i feel and how the weather is..:rolleyes: