PDA

View Full Version : Leverage ratio of the 05 Elka Pro Dual Link?

d3ktrix
12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Anyone know the #?

I'm already using it and my shocks already setup for it I was just wondering.

BlaineKaiser450
12-20-2007, 06:29 PM
dont mean to steal your thread but how does the Motowoz shock work with the Elka link?

d3ktrix
12-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
dont mean to steal your thread but how does the Motowoz shock work with the Elka link?

I've only ridden it twice so far before I started my tear down. Once at the track and once in some whooped trails.

It was still messing with it at the track so it wasn't perfect though the really deep whoops yet but put the GTT to shame for the rest of the track. Very smooth transition even on the worst landings.

But later on in the trails it was F'in amazing over every whoop I hit, bike never got cocked at all. Just juggled over everything and stayed balanced.
Hitting these same whoops on the GTT w/ link I'd big bucked hard over the tall middle whoops in each set still, and almost get sent off the trail.

The GTT was still a huge increase over stock though, great for small/medium whoops. Takes most of the buck out, but for the deep ones I really think LT is needed.

bloodmoney23
12-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Anyone know the #?

I'm already using it and my shocks already setup for it I was just wondering.

if im not mistaken its a 2:1 leverage ratio. Almost positive. But I could be wrong.

kbass24emtp
12-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Here is all the info. http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/elkaprolink.html
Also in your paperwork from Elka it should have the ratio of the rear shock. It should be on a piece of paper with you shipping label.

d3ktrix
12-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
Here is all the info. http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/elkaprolink.html
Also in your paperwork from Elka it should have the ratio of the rear shock. It should be on a piece of paper with you shipping label.

Thanks, perfect.

Ya the only info it came with was installation instructions, nothing else.

kbass24emtp
12-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Look on the box for your packing list. It should be in a plastic pocket on the box. It will have you shipping info on a piece of paper. One piece will be your home address and there should be a second piece of paper behind that one, on it should be your shock info, ie shaft travel, motion ratio and such.

d3ktrix
12-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Look on the box for your packing list. It should be in a plastic pocket on the box. It will have you shipping info on a piece of paper. One piece will be your home address and there should be a second piece of paper behind that one, on it should be your shock info, ie shaft travel, motion ratio and such.

Nope nothing, it didn't come directly from elka tho, came from herrmann racing.
Guess when they buy them in bulk they either don't come with that paper or they don't care about putting it in :P

kbass24emtp
12-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Did your shock come in an Elka box or something else?

d3ktrix
12-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Did your shock come in an Elka box or something else?

Nah the link came in a standard brown box. The shock is Motowoz.
Herrmann packaged it them selves I'm guessing.
Doesn't matter I found the info in the end anyway :P