PDA

View Full Version : 313 runs like crap

250xsupertrapp
12-20-2007, 06:06 PM
friends 313ex has a dyno jet stage 2 jet kit but only a 128 main, so he told me to drill the main out a little and i did and seems like it runs worse, like a false limiter, should i adjust the air fuel screw because it is turned all the way out

bwamos
12-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Trash the dynojets.

You probably need to be running about a 140-145 Keikin Main Jet.

Also, if it is running like it's bouncing hard off a limiter at about ohh.. 4500rpms.. then you need to clean the Rev & Neutral sensor switches under the sheet metal plate behind the rear brake pedal. Pull off the rubber capped wires and clean them up with some contact cleaner.

When they are dirty your CDI/Reverse limiter will think you are in reverse and drop your rev limit.

250xsupertrapp
12-20-2007, 06:40 PM
also it has a cobra pipe and k&n filter, i put it in reverse and it bounces hard off limiter, then in forward gears its not as hard butwhen it dose sound like a limiter it blows black smoke out, also there is a green wire on the cdi broke off, i hope i make sense

Sjorge450R
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 250xsupertrapp
also it has a cobra pipe and k&n filter, i put it in reverse and it bounces hard off limiter, then in forward gears its not as hard butwhen it dose sound like a limiter it blows black smoke out, also there is a green wire on the cdi broke off, i hope i make sense

well. You answered yourself there. When was the last time a broken wire a good thing. Now, your clearly talking about the wire that goes into the cdi, so you probaly should find someone with a harness, cause you cant just buy the connector. would start there, cause that seems like its causing all the problems.

2muchquad
12-20-2007, 11:14 PM
well. You answered yourself there. When was the last time a broken wire a good thing.

LMAO....:D :D

250xsupertrapp
12-22-2007, 05:27 PM
i found out the cdi aint broke but the green wire on my revers inhibator is broke off would that cause my limiter to kick in early its almost like a reverse limit in forwards

Sjorge450R
12-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by 250xsupertrapp
i found out the cdi aint broke but the green wire on my revers inhibator is broke off would that cause my limiter to kick in early its almost like a reverse limit in forwards

yes that would cause your problem. I hate the stupid reverse limiter on the 300ex and tahts why alot of people send there cdi's out to get drilled so that there is no limiter inreverse.

250xsupertrapp
12-23-2007, 11:20 AM
i put a new reverse inhibator on it and that didnt solve the rpm cutout at full throttle