PDA

View Full Version : Somebody do a how to on a wheelie...

yfzrider45
12-20-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm not new to riding at all, i'm just new to four strokes....i own a yfz450 and i wanna learn how to wheelie!!! I can pop-the clutch but my tires just spin....even if i'm on cement....when i'm on sand/dirt i still cant wheelie....my tires just keep on spining....my tires are basically new also!! i just cant seem to wheelie nice....oh and my yfz is MX setup....so i dont know if i'm missin out on sutn...??? thanks in advance guys....

Jonny

ny300exrider
12-20-2007, 04:33 PM
try putting your left foot in the grab bar in 1st and really pulling back Hard as you pop the clutch. it should really grab and pull up quick if you get it timed right....after doing that a bunch, let it come back onto the grab bar a few times to get a feel of how far back it will go before tipping all the way.....it takes some practice....i know it took me FOREVER first learning wheelies because noone else around me rode quads and could show me.....my 13yr old brother got wheelies down in a day after i showed him what to do.

good luck....try the foot in grab bar/1st gear pop clutch and see how that works.....get used to using the brake and eventually youll be wheelieing for miles.

RaptorLover
12-22-2007, 06:33 AM
Sit further back on the seat and pull hard on the bars , and don't push the throttle to hard . It will be difficult to wheelie on sand if you don't know how to do it probably ... 300exrider is right.

If you can wheelie good , put your right foot on the grabbar , then you can change gears... practise makes perfect ...

RaptorLover
12-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Oja , and if you still can't lift the front wheels , try 2nd gear with a little bit more speed and then drop the clutch....

Goodluck...

yfzrider45
12-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Well i wanted to practice this weeknd but i have snow now LOL....I can pull wheelies in 3 gear on a track but on accident!!! but i can still keep them up long enough!! I wanna no how to do the one in 1st gear on the street...thanks, and when the snows gone i'll try the grab bar thing

yfzrider310
01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
alright i have my yfz for like 2 months and i came up from a blaster and i pretty much tought myself to do it. So heres the best way to do it. You go about a first gear speed except you should be in second gear going about 1/4 throttle. Then your gunna want to pull the clutch in and and give it about 3/4 throttle and lean back as far as possible and pop the clutch and it should come right up and youll be able to ride it forever because your in a slow second gear and yea...but thats just my way to do and its not like i got nice tires or anything there just stockers + I only weight 125 so thats no advantage either. Tell me if that helps at all..

samurai87
01-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Dont Pop the clutch so much as you slip the clutch. If your trying to learn I suggest staying in first gear. Quads are pretty easy to wheelie once you get the hang of it. I learned how to stunt on a sport bike. Basically just get going a couple mph pull your clutch in a lil when you hear the rpms slip up give it some gas and let out the clutch......foot in the grab bar is alot easier to if your learning. Sometimes sit downs give you that feeling of tipping over. So if you start off standing your head doesnt hav the wierd equilibirum feeling that wigs you out. once you get that down the possibilities are endless....coasters, high chairs, spreaders, special k, you can do anything man.

yfzrider45
01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
thanks for all your help guys....well put !!! i do get wigged out when i am in a wheelie for like 1 second then i let it down instantly LOL....i havent tryed the foot in the grab bar yet but i DEF. will...sounds like it'll be easier....i havent rode for 3 weeks due to my dad bein on vacation ....but i'm startin her up tonite n ridin her tomaro!!!! I CANT WAIT

thanks guys!!!

-Jonny