how much is the stock 400ex hp ?
i need to know important

thanks

Extremeracer167
11-11-2002, 02:49 PM
some say...26.4 some say 27. SO either way its right in that ball park

blue_hawk
11-11-2002, 02:57 PM
so the stock z400 is faster....hmmm damn it man i hate suzuki no offence but i just dont like it
but if the 400ex is 27 hp will a modded blaster smoke it ?

thanks

Sparks425Ex
11-11-2002, 03:10 PM
The stock 400ex Horsepower is 28.6. The z400 stock has more torque than a 400Ex but a 400Ex top speed is about 1-2 mphs faster. I would take a 400Ex over a z400 any day because a 400Ex hanled so much better. It isn't all about the motor. Handling is way more important.

a highly modded blaster could take a stock 400Ex but as sson as the 400ex adds a pipe it si all over for the blaster.

On an MX track the 400Ex win everytime

blue_hawk
11-11-2002, 03:19 PM
woow i didnt know a 400ex is much better and faster than a z cuz there was a guy that said he raced a stock and smoked him easly

Extremeracer167
11-11-2002, 03:20 PM
it would have to be HIGHLY MODDED BLASTER. A stock blaster has around 14 hp. And a 400EX doesnt have 28hp its right between 26-27, and the suzuki is about 1-2 more hp then the EX. Personally if that really changes someones mind as to what they will buy, then they really have no clue as to what they are looking for in a ATV. The 400 prob. doesnt handle THAT MUCH BETTER then the Z. But it does handle better. They have almost identical chassis. The Z has alot more potential. But some ppl are having problems with the carbs on the Z. Not unless the suzuki around here just got a bad batch. but i know of 3 guys that are having problems with them. And everyone knows the reliability of the E is unbeatable.

Sparks425Ex
11-11-2002, 03:30 PM
How can you say the Z has more potential. There aren;t even barley any motor kits for it yet.

A modded 400Ex vs a ModdedZ400 with the same mods. The 400Ex will win.

The z400 sits to high at the seat. The center of gravity is much higher. causeing it to tip easier then a 400Ex. And yes the carbs on the z400s are supposed to be getting screwed up.

400Ex is a better quad. IMO. O yeah and Honda Makes it. That makes anything better.

Extremeracer167
11-11-2002, 03:38 PM
Im not going to start a fight. But a Z's seat sits 1 inch higher then the EX. Back shock will fix that, or even messing with the stock rear on the Z. The Z does have alot more potential with just adding a pipe, filter, carb, etc. U can EASILY get right around 34 hp out of the Z with a pipe and filter. The EX will get waht.......2-3 hp out of a slip on if your lucky. Plus i know dirtwheels isnt always 100% correct with there tests. Take it u havent read it? But i quote, "The Suzuki 440 easily smoked the Honda 440 in every drag race we did." and again, "While the Honda 440 has good broad power and was easy to ride, it just did not have the beans the modified Suzuki motor has." Now im a EX fan myself and personally wouldnt sell mine to get a zuki becuase i would lose my @$$ with all the money i ahve in it. But yes the zuki does have ALOT more potential!!

Dave400ex
11-11-2002, 04:02 PM
Yes the Z400 has a better motor and is faster then a 400ex. Plus the power potential is there, and it's liquid cooled.

Sparks425Ex
11-11-2002, 04:42 PM
I am not trying to start a fight. And i am not one of those It is a Honda it is better period. And i relie what the specs say. I know it says that the seat is 1 inch higher but if you have ridden a Z400 then a 400Ex. You will relize that it sits higher and feels more tippy.

I just know that I had a stock 400Ex while a buddy of mine hada Stock Z 400. and I smoked him in 300 Foot and Top end Vs Top End.

He always got outta the hole faster but my mid and top end always took him.

Extremeracer167
11-11-2002, 04:49 PM
There are a bunch of reasons that could make the seat seem higher. Pegs could be lower, bars could be lower, but i assure u that if u sit the 2 side by side on a showroom floor, they are actually VERY VERY close. I dont even know if theres an inch differance. I think the plastics give it a narrow feel also, and even the skinnier part of the seat on the Z could make it feel skinnier. But i honestly think a stock Z corners and accelerates out of corners better then the honda.

PS. maybe u just rode the EX harder then your buddy rode his Z;)

QuadTrix6
11-11-2002, 05:49 PM
stop reading dirtwheels and pick up an atv rider (i believe) this months review is on the 400ex vs the Z400 and they rate them very very similar. it was the most honest review i have ever seen and the track times that they did the ex won. but some how in every dirtwheels the ex gets blow away in every single test. that mag is very bias. yes the Z is faster but has tons of problems...starting with the pogo like rear shock and rubber rear axle that atv rider bent in two spots on regular riding not even big jumps..lol i love that mag :devil

stupid driver
11-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66
stop reading dirtwheels and pick up an atv rider (i believe) this months review is on the 400ex vs the Z400 and they rate them very very similar. it was the most honest review i have ever seen and the track times that they did the ex won. but some how in every dirtwheels the ex gets blow away in every single test. that mag is very bias. yes the Z is faster but has tons of problems...starting with the pogo like rear shock and rubber rear axle that atv rider bent in two spots on regular riding not even big jumps..lol i love that mag :devil

well said quadtrix :devil

Lo flyer
11-11-2002, 06:27 PM
It took Honda to step up and set the bar with the 400ex. There just holding back until somebody did something as good. Now that just means that the CR450f motor will be stuffed into a production machine sooner. We all know that the Honda is a industry leader and what ever they come out with will be first class.

Dave400ex
11-11-2002, 08:50 PM
How and Where can you get this ATV Rider?

Evan
11-11-2002, 11:14 PM
ATV Rider is the utility/trail version of ATV Sport
I think they only come out with 4 issues a yr if i am correct.

yamasaki_125
11-12-2002, 08:51 AM
i dont mean to start a fight or anything..... but my blaster blows away my 400ex, i have raced my friends with a pipe, filter, cam and piston, and my blaster will still take it, but i have a TON of money into it and have pretty much every mod imaginable

and on the 400ex vs. the z400, i would have to say the ex because suzukis are pieces of ****

z400ex
11-12-2002, 11:29 AM
LIsten.....i have both a z400 and a 400ex. The z is faster ... bottom line the z is faster and the same modds to a 400ex and to the z....the z will still be faster, the motor has better technology and can take mods better. Read the new dirtwheels it even says the z440 is much faster then the 440ex. How ever in handling i must say the 400ex is better. But for overall the z is better, its liquid cooled and weighs the same. It does feel tippy but longer a-arm and rear axle handle that or even some wheel spacers(cheaper). If you beat a stock z on your stock 400ex, ovbviously ther is a problem, you may be a better rider or maybe his bike isnt jetted or who knows, theres so many different situations that can lead to a win. To the dyno there isnt any situation that can throw it off.