PDA

View Full Version : how much power? PLZ RESPOND!

yamasaki_125
11-11-2002, 02:29 PM
i want to know how many horses i would have with the following mods:

fmf complete exhaust
hrc cam
11:1 high comp piston ( stock bore )
k&n filter
modified airbox lid
k&n jet kit

and then how much power with the sparks racing port + flow head mod with 3 angle valve job, and whether it would be worth the $375?

thanx
Eric

Davids440ex
11-11-2002, 02:31 PM
more than stock, it depends what you get done everyone has there own set up and can only tell you it will pull harder.

Extremeracer167
11-11-2002, 03:26 PM
I dont know the guy who did my engine is one of the top notch micro sprint engine builders in the COUNTRY. He did my head on my EX. Just went in and cleaned it all up, polished it. Made the intake and exhaust ports look like mirrors. I was really really ahppy with what he did. He charges 2-250 to do the head. Alot of ppl have went to him since i got mine done, and they seem to really like it alot. Im not saying it will make a HUGE power gain, but it allows everything to flow MUCH smoother. And that will help any combustion engine with performance.

11-11-2002, 03:31 PM
I"m having my head ported, valve job and having my carb bored for less than what sparks wants for just the port and valve job,,not saying sparks won't hook ya up the guy knows his stuff,,but getting the same thing done plus having your carb bored seems to be a better deal..

Total power for the package you listed above,,I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you'll get around 9-12 more ponies.. After I get the head work I mentioned above I'll be taking the 416 to a dyno on the way home to really see how much power it's got..

Davids440ex
11-11-2002, 04:32 PM
Rico how does a carb bore work?

Extremeracer167
11-11-2002, 04:52 PM
it allows more air flow into the carb. More air=more power Plus it takes the choke out, and if u look in the carb, the choke just gets in the way of airflow. Turbulance in a carb=loss of power. So if u take that out, u get a more direct airflow and that gives u better throttle responce and more and faster flowing air into the engine. Hope i helped explain

QuadTrix6
11-11-2002, 05:28 PM
if you remove the choke and grind down the fins how hard is it going to be to start ? does rejetting help it start easier cause i have a hard time starting it without using the choke but im running stock jets.. and is it worth it ? are there noticable gains ?

11-12-2002, 08:39 AM
Yes removing the choke is worth the effort,,go to the FAQ forum for easy to follow directions on how to do it.

Now about the carb boring,,the way it was explained to me is it's like taking a 34 mm flatside carb and making it a 36mm. So the diameter of the carb is actually honed out to be larger than stock by about 1.5 to 2 mm. It will make nice noticeable power gains without a doubt and you'll be saving several hundred dollars compared to buyin a lectron or FCR. If your dead set on getting a new carb,,i believe rocky ridge takes trade-ins of stock 400ex carbs and $150 or so for a new lectron carb.

Extremeracer167
11-12-2002, 09:42 AM
I just got my 39FCR jetted in, and it made more of a differance that i could have possibly imagined. It is like going from stock engine, to my TC425 all over agaiN! When i go up through the yard, it reaches its point to where it kicks in, and all h#ll breaks loose! The tires start spinning, throwing roost everywhere. Def. worth the 350 i paid for it on Ebay!!! No wonder the guy said it wasnt big enough for his engine. He was running a 162 main jet. Im running a 178 main!!! looks like i made out on this one!!:D

bmw500hp
11-12-2002, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yamasaki_125
[B]i want to know how many horses i would have with the following mods:

fmf complete exhaust
hrc cam
11:1 high comp piston ( stock bore )
k&n filter
modified airbox lid
k&n jet kit

and then how much power with the sparks racing port + flow head mod with 3 angle valve job, and whether it would be worth the $375?

This is where alot want to go with our first build... isnt there any dyno guys out there with that answer.....

The real question is is the $375.00 worth the money and Who can do it right and not take freekin months......